Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leaning heavily toward using flats or prefolds under wool covers. I have snappis and am prepared to use them, but if it turns out that it works well not to snappi, I will be happy not to.

I've used soakers, but never wool wraps and need some advice on which are good for holding an unpinned flat or prefold in place. I looked on GreenMountainDiapers and found these three possibilities:

Imse Vimse/Sckoon Wool Wraps
Covered Caboose Wool Cover
Rumpsters RumpWrap Organic Wool Cover

Has anyone used these and have you used them with unpinned dipes? Do they work well? Are there other brands that would be better?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are super cute, thanks!

Do they hold an unpinned diaper in place?

I am interested in buying more artisan (or wahm) type products rather than the bigger business products (lots of wonderful big businesses of course) but I didn't know where to find wool wraps that were homemade. I love recycled wool!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Somebody suggested I look on Etsy for mom-made woolen wraps! Just passing the suggestion on to you.
I haven't had a chance yet to look, but I love Etsy, and thought it was a great suggestion.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yay for Rachel--that will be awesome!

Lalaith I am checking out etsy. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I hate wool with unpinned PFs! I always get poop on my covers and I have to wash them constantly. Darn my super pooping kids. I use fleece or PUL covers when we trifold PFs. Otherwise it is just a mess and way too much work for me!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adasmommy View Post
Those are super cute, thanks!

Do they hold an unpinned diaper in place?

I am interested in buying more artisan (or wahm) type products rather than the bigger business products (lots of wonderful big businesses of course) but I didn't know where to find wool wraps that were homemade. I love recycled wool!
Occasionally you can find wool wraps in Hyena Cart shops. I searched today and there aren't any, but you could check back every few days.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody. I now have some good ideas for which covers I want (including Little Beetles) and will keep an eye out for a good or used price. Thanks for all the ideas on that too and for handmade covers!

I'm not very confident that we can lay a dipe in a wool cover without getting the wool messy, and if I have no success with that, I am going to snappi or pin as necessary because wool is all I want to use. I love it!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
My favourite over an unpinned diaper is CYA (Cloth for your Angel) wool wraps. She sold them on E-bay, they were WAHM made but I'm not sure if she still sells them due to the new cloth diaper rules. They are so soft, have really great gussets, and you can get them really tight and secure. Maybe you could post on TPISO or Diaper Pin asking for one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.