Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a single parent for four or five months. H picks the kids up Sat morning, and drops them back Sun night.

We get on well. The kids seem to have adjusted. H pays enough child support that I can still afford to be a SAHM. Honestly, I've had it pretty easy. I have my parents (who are retired) about five minutes up the road. I have a few good friends, esp one who I know I could count on anytime day or night. My parents visit frequently, and will take the boys out often. They've even come down and helped me clean up the house when it was a complete pit. They stayed with me 24/7 for the first month or so.

Anyway, that's the back story. Now for my whine! I'm just sooooo tired and over this week! DS2 has been sleeping horribly for months, and it had just started improving when in the last couple of days he's been even worse! Restless and crying all night long! I think he might be teething. DS1 has just started morning kindy, five days a week, which is awesome for everyone, but it also means a whole new routine and no consistent naps.

I would just love to have someone to come home now (it's 5.30pm) who could take over and sort out baths and bed etc!

I know I'm being pathetic! I have it good really, but I'm just feeling tired and grumpy and whiney and I just want it to be bedtime!

Thanks for reading! I just need some hugs and love right now!

· Registered
3,346 Posts
it's hard. but it's better than the alternative, right? when i'm having a moment where everything stinks, i just compare it to a remembered moment where everything stunk, and suddenly feel better. sure, everything still stinks, but no one is making it stink more, right?

(i mean this in a very literal sense. i often make myself feel better by reminding myself how lucky i am that he isn't spending hours in the bathroom, stinking up the whole house any more. well, he is, but not in my house!
)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.