Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
It has been a very long time since I havve posted on Mothering. I would be greatful for any input.
My 5 yo was taken to the emergency dept last week with a suspected appendicitis. The diagnosis was constipation and a virus?? During his exam he had a blood test which showed his red blood/kidney/liver all normal but his white cell count at 3.8 which they considered low and asked that I retest in 1 week. This week his temperature has been really high and I took him back to the doctor and they discovered a double ear infection and now he is on antibiotics.
My 39 yo husband had a major stroke back in Nov, so my anxiety is at it's peak and I am full of worry about my 5 yo sons white cell count. I am taking him back tomorrow to have his blood tested again. Has anyone had experience with low cell counts and viruses??? any imput??
Thanks,
Denise

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
viruses can make the wbc's drop just a bit. he'll bounce right back once he's feeling better. if it remains low the docs will ask lab to count eachn type o wbc and make sure there are no unusual ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.