Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have several eggplants that are nearly ready to harvest on my white eggplant bushes and this will be the first tme I have eaten them.

Anyone have suggestions on recipes that are good with this eggplant variety? I understand that they are soft and can't be cooked long. I'm looking forward to trying a recipe, particualrly Indian or Italian.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I love to make a white (no sauce) pizza with them. I just slice them up and put them on top of the cheese with alot of minced garlic. I might also use some ricotta cheese along with my regular cheese.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Last week, we were given some from a farmer within the CSA, and were skeptical. I have always hated eggplant (read:never really tried it), and i live with three picky eaters. I made regular old eggplant parmasan from the Better Homes cookbook, and everyone liked it.

Then again, i've come to realize that free food tastes AWESOME, no matter what it is.

We acquired 6 more this week from that same farmer. That's a lot of eggplant parm...so i'll be lurking....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amber913 View Post
Last week, we were given some from a farmer within the CSA, and were skeptical. I have always hated eggplant (read:never really tried it), and i live with three picky eaters.
I always found it to be milder than regular eggplant....perhaps that is why you liked it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts