Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what does it mean when the tip of your nipple is white. Like there is no blood in it white.
It does't happen all the time and it is only one side. There is no pain during, but a bit after he's done it is slightly painful.

He seems to latch on okay and nurse, maybe afterwards?????

Ideas?

Thanks
K

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I have that too Katt. I think it just means baby is clamped on during nursing and it takes a while for the blood flow to return. Could be a slight latch issue. My boy is a "chomper" Sorry, not a big help...

·
Banned
26 Posts
nak... sorry...
do you have a forceful letdown?
my babe used to clamp down when she was trying to slow my letdown. once she decided she liked the forceful letdown, it stopped, but every now and then, i'll get a spot

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had that except it was causing pain. A blister I think, but it didn't look like a blister. I think it can also be the start of a possible infection? check kellymom. It hurt, but I kept nursing on that side and even increased a little bit and then it went away.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i checked out the link... it probably is related to let-down... although ds likes to nurse and comfort nuses as well, but he'll pull off a lot and spits up a lot.

looks like i've got lots of things to try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.