Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we will be moving there from MA in a couple of weeks.
Just wanted to know if there where any area moms. It would be really nice to find some great MDC mamas there.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
HEY!!!!

We're a bit south of WRJ- let's get together!

What brings you here?
How old are your kids?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mama!
Kiddoes ages are:
10, 8, 7, 4, and 22 months.

We are moving here from MA. My family isn't all that far away up in NH.
Look forward to hopefully meeting up!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
first off lebanon, nh (pronounced lebanin as opposed to the foreign country lebaNON) isnt that far from WRJ and i know there's some mothering type moms there

i know there's la leche up in that area so there has to be some moms hiding somehwere!! : )

i think lebanon and hanover both have food co-ops (that you walk in and shop like a grocery store) so odds are you'll find some that way too

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm in Henniker, I thinkn that is about 25 mins or so south of white river. there is an API group out that way too.

I have a 9 yr old, 4 yr old, 2 yr old and 9 month old.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I am about 45 minutes north of WRJ, which sounds kind of far, but alot of people travel that far for groceries around these parts!!

Let us know when you settle in and I can tell you about goings on in these parts.
- Kerri

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I really like the food coop in White River- big enough to have what you're looking for, but not so huge that it loses its humanity. (I am not a fan of the coop by the hospital in Lebanon)
The one in Hanover is pretty nice, though their lack of medicinal bulk herbs strikes me as odd.

As you're coming up, make a pitstop in Putney, Vermont!
There's a nice little coop for snacks, and a
yarn store
on the other side of the interstate, quite near the on/off ramps. (assuming you're coming up I-91)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
(the "idea" smilie seems to be broken
)

Say, we should all meet up at the Montshire Museum sometime!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ty mamas!
I do beleive years back we had visited Putney VT. Dh will be working in west. Lebanon. All told, its even under a mile, away from WRJ! Go figure! I'm glad that we are moving to a village coming from a city and so look forward to being in this type of a setting vs. gangland...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanting to let whomever is close to WRJ that we have arrived (about a week or so ago) and I might be able to meet up with a mama if your not too far away. We have extreme driving direction issues, so, hopefully your not too far away from here, lol!!!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Welcome, Rachel, how are you doing?

I didn't expect to see you online so quickly- hope that means things are going well!

Rebecca, that sounds great! We homeschool, and are part of a group centered in Chester, Vermont that collaborates so we can drop kids off a couple of days a week and they get friend-time, outdoor play, music classes, Spanish language workshops, etc...
I'd love to meet more like-minded people in the area, especially during the long winter ahead.
DD is a born social butterfly.
:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts