Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pumping for 2 weeks old dd and either yesterday or the day before noticed some white splotchy spots on one of my nipples. They are only really noticeable right after pumping (dd doesn't nurse) and then the area turns paler and kind of blends in. That nipple also feels dry and rough when I touch it. I don't have any pain in the nipple or breast. What is it? Do I need to worry about it? Also, I've been going completely topless for days to try and heal a large crack in the same nipple, but it's taking forever!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I don't really know but could you have thrush? Sometimes thrush isn't painful but can cause damage to the nipple. When I have had thrush I will have white spots after nursing that will go away as the nipple returns to normal.

Could you see an LC? That might help. If it isn't bothering you and you have no other symptoms (the crack heals completely and doesn't return) then I probably wouldn't worry about it. It could just be the result of suction from the pump or something.

Sorry, wasn't much help.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Start Healthy Stay Healthy site has an article titled, Solutions to common breastfeeding problems . It has a lot of good info and gives details and ways to cure a bunch of different problems. I would definitely take a look at that to see what is most similar to what you're experiencing. Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts