Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When DS was laughing today I noticed he has white patches in his mouth. I don't have any breastpain but I am starting to notice that I have a vaginal yeast infection as well. What should I do?

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Both of my boys had white patches in their mouthes...and it wasn't thrush. Not sure what it was, but with ds #1 it went away. ds#2 still has it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me and my DS are fighting the "evil thrush". It has been two weeks and we are finally seeing an end in sight. Start taking acidophilus (mom and baby), constantly rinse nipples with vinegar and water and swab both mom and baby with baking soda and water. This has been the only thing that has worked for us.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Baking soda shouldn't be put in baby's mouth as it alters the ph too much.
Gentian violet is recommended by holistic practitioners.
http://www.kellymom.com/newman/06gentian_violet.html
I second the vinegar rinse and probiotics. You should also be on a sugar/grain/cheese/mushroom and fermented foods (vinegar, alchol etc)-free diet. For your YI try gentian violet, boric acid, garlic or yogurt, TTo oil or vinegar baths.

I never had nipple thrush but I do have YI and systemic candida and so does my DD. She mainly gets diaper rash, yeasty poop (white strings in it) and sometimes a rash on her body.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I used GV in his mouth and some on my nipples too and I noticed this morning he has a very yellow poop that is odd. Someone mentioned grapeseed oil extract a while back. Anyone have any luck with that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
it may not be thrush...my ds had white spots in his mouth which were actually enterovirus blisters....this is VERY contagious, and pretty painful.
nothing to be done but probiotics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.