Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to hear how it went, what you did (eat a chunk raw, steam, make a smoothie, encapsulate?), etc.

Thanks!!
:

· Registered
1,535 Posts
:

Planning on a few chunks raw and smoothies.....but we'll see when it gets here what I'm actually able to DO....desperate to avoid PPD this time.

· Registered
458 Posts
Not in your ddc but I ate mine after dd was born. We just put a chunk in a strawberry smoothie. It tasted a little irony like blood it was not that bad. I do think it really helped with the emotional roller coaster.

· Registered
622 Posts
Mine is still in the freezer and I'm unsure what to do with it. A little late for the eating i think. Was thinking of encapsulating....but may be too late for that as well. I guess my options are bury or trash?

· Registered
495 Posts
A midwife I know is encapsulating mine into pill form and I'll be taking the pills. I'm excited! We're supposed to be getting our pills today actually!

· Registered
12,525 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to do it so with DS2 I made essence of placenta tincture and I still have a bunch left. It is pretty easy, you just take a chunk of placenta and place it in a glass jar of water and leave it in the sun for a while then preserve it with alcohol (we used vodka). It lasts pretty much forever.

· Registered
4,541 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I couldn't bring myself to do it so with DS2 I made essence of placenta tincture and I still have a bunch left. It is pretty easy, you just take a chunk of placenta and place it in a glass jar of water and leave it in the sun for a while then preserve it with alcohol (we used vodka). It lasts pretty much forever.
This mama was looking for info on this. I bet she would love to know how you did this:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1129206

· Registered
1,244 Posts
does it seem a bit strange that i just sat down to a big steaming plate of an ofal lot of ofal(sorry, that was really bad wasnt it) plus placenta and onions/gravy/fries and saw this thread?

yes im eating mine, but raw was too much for me to take and i dont own a blender so i cooked/am cooking it.

to me it tastes fine, a sweet meaty taste, light, crumbly, would hide well in spag bol.

Kiz.

· Registered
554 Posts
I am eating mine. I am amazed how much better I am feeling both emotionally and physically compared w/ ds (especially how much less I'm bleeding)

I ate about 4 quarter-sized pieces immediately after delivery. I swallowed them whole, the rest is cut into pieces in the fridge and I have been adding about 1/4 C. to a smoothie once or twice daily. I'm putting in juice/lemonade + frozed berries + placenta. I cannot tell it's in there at all (and as someone who's generally vegan I thought I'd be able to tell but I really cannot).

Frankly, I'm just to lazy to encapsulate it.... I'm figuring I have enough for about a week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.