Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am open to different types of caregivers as long as my insurance covers it.

Extra points for fat friendly (or at least fat tolerant
), and VBAC friendly.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I see a GREAT midwife...in Mpls.

The Park Nicollet clinic off of Franklin and Nicollet.
Her name is Amy Knox and she's great, so are the other midwives.
Not sure how they are about VBAC though.
Give them a try. They accept most insurance companies.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
We have gone to Dr. Vincent for years. He is awesome! He is at the Cedar Riverside People's Center on Riverside Ave. I would consider him fat friendly since I usually refuse to get weighed and no one cares and he has never mentioned my weight to me and I am like 60 or 70 lbs over weight
:

It is a sliding scale clinic so if you don't have Ins. you might qualify if you're income is somewhat low. I noticed you have a hijab smilie in your signature---this clinic is located where the highest concentration of Somali and east african people live (you probably already know that), but they are very muslim friendly and half of the nurses wear some kind of head cover. Don't know if that matters but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Dr. Vincent is my favorite of all time

Oh, and I think he would definitely be VBAC friendly.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Yo Am!

Our whole family goes to Noël Radcliffe at Edina Sports Health and Wellness in Edina. There has been some debate on MDC about this clinic and the way they handled a homebirthing mama. Be that as it may, we all love her and I have found her to not view weight as a physical thing but rather a spiritual thing to "contemplate", not just "diet against", as this was a big issue for me this year at my physical. She pointed out to me that when I am looking in the mirror, I am looking for and focusing on the things that I feel negatively about, and asked me what I ever see in the mirror that I like... I hadn't considered that. And I've never had a family practice doc tell me that there are so many beautiful things about me.

She does have a seriously holistic and almost spiritual bent to how she practices medicine.

We did, however, almost come to an argument about the birth experience and how a c-section isn't just about the "end result"... not her feeling, as she herself had 2 surgical births, although it did feel really good to me to be able to look my doctor in the eye and essentially tell her off and have us both respect each other anyway. Dunno what she would think about VBACing.

*shrug* just my two cents.

My good friend Sieglinde Peterson will be beginning family practice at the Carlson Parkway Park Nicollet clinic in fall. I'm biased, of course, but she's great. Think she's pro-VBAC, I know for sure that she's pro-breastfeeding, has attended many Somali Muslimas in birth and might even be able to be convinced to attend a birth despite being a family practice doc and not an ob/gyn... dunno. I know she really liked working with the park-nic midwives when she was a resident at Methodist, she is really pro-midwifery.

Anyway!
take care jen

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I go to Generations in Shoreview. Rebeca Barroso, Mary Hayes, CNMs, Laura France, OB. Very VBAC friendly (best rates in town, at least Rebeca and Mary, I don't know Laura).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts