Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
As many of you know I am due in 4 days. (probably will go over).
Wondering if any of you are experiencing back cramps...feels like its my period starting.
I have felt it come and go. Today it is just lingering there.
I felt 1 contraction last nite but it went away fairly fast.
I also feel alot of cervical pressure...like the babys head is dropping lower and lower and lower..hehhh,.

Input??

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Just
Good luck and Come on baby!

I've been feeling like you described, but with LOTS of BH with walking, bending to pick up stuff, etc....

I'm only week 36....But ready!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
At my last mw appt she asked me if I was feeling any back 'pain' during BH contrax...I said yes, just an uncomfort...well, she then told me that she was thinking that she felt the baby's forehead instead of the back of his/her head when she was palpatating my belly...
What does that mean? Well, baby is posterior...and unless you are in positions to promote baby turning in labor (ie on your back--bad position!) you may experience back labor.
Her suggestion--lean over things often--sit on birth ball and lean on arm of couch...sit with legs spread, belly forward, on chairs with arms (elbows) on table...while standing, lean over kitchen counter...
And do this often--maybe baby will twist before labor and you will save yourself the back labor.
I've been definitely feeling it in my back...but I'm trying to keep leaning forward. Spinningbabies.com also mentions putting a pillow in your car--those bucket seats promote 'reclining' which promotes posterior babies I guess!

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I've been getting back pain (like over my right ribs) - but I have a tendency for this even outside of pregnancy. I can tell that baby is mostly anterior, though - I can feel head, back and butt from bottom to top and slightly to the left of my belly button - and the kicks are out in front of that (toward my right-side/spine).

I'm not due for about 2 weeks yet, though... and my son didn't come for over 3 weeks at this point. So I'm just kinda hanging out and taking it in stride... and making my husband rub my back!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am, but my baby's anterior as well. I think for me it has to do with the SPD--the whole pelvis is hurting when I have a contraction. And I'd injured my tailbone birthing DS, so sometimes I swear I can feel this baby pushing against it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I've been having alot of what you're describing.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the cramps have pretty much diminished.
Soooo its a waiting game. Sometimes I think "today I THINK will be the day". Then I am totally shocked when its time for bed and still no labor.
Hah.
Baby is in anterior position....so I am happy 4 that. I don't want back labor!!!
Take care everyone!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts