Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so anxious to have this baby. DS came at 38 weeks and here I am over 40 weeks with baby #2. I know my due date was accurate since I know when I ovulate etc, but I do not understand what the hold up is. The midwives said the baby was about 8 pds 3 weeks ago. And now when I ask they just laugh and say 20 pds. DS was 7 /11.<br><br>
I had predromal labor at 34-38 weeks and havent had much since.!!!! Last time I was checked I was 2 cm and 80% effaced over a week ago.<br><br>
So who else is past due and are you having any signs? symptoms of labor coming?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm now 3 days past due and it sucks!!! lol I've just been going crazy. I was expecitng her to be late, but I was still hopeful that she would come on time. I just want my baby to come out already. I'm so sick of being pregnant. I guess the biggest sign that it should be soon is that she had dropped a few weeks ago, but wednesday evening I had a really strong contraction that pushed her down another 2 inches and she's stayed there since then. Every time I stand up now it feels like she's gonna fall out! I think she has her toes hooked into my sides trying to stop herself from comming out :LOL . My husband is getting really anxious too, this morning he said he was tired of waiting, he wanted to see her already. I replied "good now you know how I've been feeling for the last 2 months!" I know I know, babies come out in their own time, but do they really have to torture us like this?!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm 6 days over today, and at my appointment yesterday I wasn't dilated at all and my cervix is barely thinning. The baby is at -1. So things aren't looking too good; they checked me 5 weeks ago and I was at this exact same spot.<br><br>
Sooo I need to start planning on my induction date - Monday thru Thursday of next week are my options. Ugh so miserable.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>rosie_plus_one</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I'm 6 days over today, and at my appointment yesterday I wasn't dilated at all and my cervix is barely thinning. The baby is at -1. So things aren't looking too good; they checked me 5 weeks ago and I was at this exact same spot.<br><br>
Sooo I need to start planning on my induction date - Monday thru Thursday of next week are my options. Ugh so miserable.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Are you not going to wait until 42 weeks to see what happens? You've got a ways to go to get there! Your baby might just need a bit longer to grow.<br><br>
I'm 2 days past my due date for the first time ever, and feeling good. I could wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'll be at 42 weeks next Saturday, but our hospital doesn't do inductions on the weekends because of staffing in case of an emergency. So, my midwife said the longest we would wait would be until next Thursday.<br><br>
As much as I hate the idea of induction, a big part of me is saying "Just get it over with." I hate the iminent doom of the induction, so I might schedule it for Tuesday. I'm just so unhappy that we even had to talk about it. I expected baby to be born a week or two ago.

·
Registered
730 Posts
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>rosie_plus_one</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I'll be at 42 weeks next Saturday, but our hospital doesn't do inductions on the weekends because of staffing in case of an emergency. So, my midwife said the longest we would wait would be until next Thursday.<br><br>
As much as I hate the idea of induction, a big part of me is saying "Just get it over with." I hate the iminent doom of the induction, so I might schedule it for Tuesday. I'm just so unhappy that we even had to talk about it. I expected baby to be born a week or two ago.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
You still have this week! Start doing stairs and squats and sucking your thumb, try castor oil, do lots of walking that you can handle, lunges, nipple stimulation and sex!! ... I would get busy trying anything I could before going in for induction! My Mom would say get on a tractor and take it for a ride :LOL !<br><br>
my 2 cents, hth

·
Registered
557 Posts
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>lovnbnhome</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">You still have this week! Start doing stairs and squats and sucking your thumb, try castor oil, do lots of walking that you can handle, lunges, nipple stimulation and sex!! ... I would get busy trying anything I could before going in for induction! My Mom would say get on a tractor and take it for a ride :LOL !<br><br>
my 2 cents, hth</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I've tried the castor oil, walking, nipple stim, sex, spicy food, and acupressure. I've never heard of sucking my thumb?<br><br>
Oh yeah, and my mom took me in my SUV on a logging road and hit every pot hole - she must be in the same mindset as yours!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts