Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have the XL tote with the backpack conversion. It handles two in cloth very well IMO. Mine has two shoulder straps. I wear it messenger style frequently with just one strap fastened diagonally (it's a strap from another Lands End bag). I think the XL size is a necessity, but the backpack conversion is optional based on your preference (it's a loose backpack style - not suitable for hiking or anything like that). But it is helpful when I need to be completely hands-free.

They are coming out with an even bigger style in a month or two -- that might be worth waiting for http://imstillme.com/new_.html (I like my XL so much that I'm hoarding funds to pay for a SoBig!)

They also have a sample bag sale page: http://imstillme.com/sample_sale_bags.html

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a lands end bag that is a backpack, so i'm not sure if I need another with the backpack style....hmm, so xl you say? must go browse! I love that dragonfly color they had a while ago....

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
These are sooooo pretty! Are they worth the $$$ though?

Also, one problem I've always had with a diaper bag is how to combine it with slinging. Any thoughts on which style of theirs would work well?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I usually don't sling and carry the bag -- I stuff my wallet in the little pocket on my Zolo and leave the bag in the car - but my lifestyle is very suburban, so I use my car just about anywhere I want to go. I know there are mamas who sling and have a diaper bag simultaneously, but I can't remember which bags worked best.

I didn't pay full price for my ISM - I bought it new off a diaper bag swap board. I am happy with this price -- about 35% off what is currently listed on their website. I bought a sample bag as a gift for a friend, too, and that was roughly 50% off -- again, I'm very happy with that price. I generally try not to pay full price for anything, though. Let's see, would it have been worth it if I had paid full price? probably. The fabric is very sturdy and the design is wonderfully simple. I was looking for something big, and my comparisons were a Lands End bag that wouldn't stay on my shoulder, the Mothership or Alpha 7 or the Loom Marsupial. ISM won out because it was cheaper than the Mothership or Loom, and I hadn't had much success with Lands End or Kecci (we have a Daddy Bag backpack which I absolutely hate because it is a huge black hole).

HTH! I can post pics of my bag stuffed with CDs and stuff if you'd like to see it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a quick question too since I'm waiting for an ISM until the SoBig comes out, how do they wash. Or do they? (are they dry clean only) I love the green summer buzz fabric, but the trim is white! I know mine would be brown in no time flat. Which blows because I love the main fabric, but it wouldn't look nearly as nice with a different color secondary fabric I'm sure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by woolfairy
I have a quick question too since I'm waiting for an ISM until the SoBig comes out, how do they wash. Or do they? (are they dry clean only) I love the green summer buzz fabric, but the trim is white! I know mine would be brown in no time flat. Which blows because I love the main fabric, but it wouldn't look nearly as nice with a different color secondary fabric I'm sure.
This is what the site says:

"CARE...Many fabrics are mill treated stain resistant,others can be scotchgarded for added protection. Spot cleaning recommended for most fabrics. Do NOT put bags in the washer or dryer. Changing pad can be wiped clean and/or put in the washing machine, LINE DRY ONLY, light iron on fabric side of pad only."

The bags sure are beautiful, but I'd like to be able to toss it in the wash. No matter how careful I am, I seem to manage to get something spilled on my diaper bag. I thought scotch guard wasn't available anymore?? Dunno. I've started making bags as gifts, I'm sure the ones I made for my 4 yo twin nieces will need washing, I will have to ask SIL how they hold up.
Guess I should make me one to see how it washes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.