Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're looking forward to another baby, but I haven't had AF yet. I just thought I'd see how many of you were able to conceive while BFing. Also, if you did, did you have AF yet? I understand that's it's possible to be fertile with no AF for a month or two. Thanks Mamas! I didn't know where to post this, but I thought since we're all BFing, it's be a good place!

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I got AF around 9 mos after my 1st 2; got pg when dd was 15 mos- she waened at 20 mos. Got pg again when ds was 18 mos- he weaned at 22 mos. ds#2 is 7 wks- no AF yet.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i got pregnant and breastfed through my second and third pregnancies.
dd#1 was 18mo when dd#2 was conceived. I had AF for only a few months before.
I got pregnant with ds #1 when dd#2 was 9mo. one wacky AF cycle before (like 48 days long or something crazy)

·
Registered
692 Posts

I have! But I got my cycles back at 10 weeks pp, despite co-sleeping and nursing on cue
: Anyway, Em was 12 months old when we got pregnant.

GL on getting pregnant!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I got pregnant twice while bfing. The first time dd was 5 months, exclusive, on demand, co-sleeping.....the second time, I was tandem nursing dd (then 18 months old) and her little sister, then 4 months old.....that pregnancy ended in a m/c. Neither time had I seen any sign of

Guess I'm just lucky that way! :LOL

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I concieved twice while nursing my DD. The 1st time I was having my period again, although it hadnt yet become regular. I ended up miscarrying at 12.5 weeks and became pregnant again 4 months later, before my periods were regular again from the miscarriage.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I'm new here but thought I'd reply. I got a very light period at 10mos and got prego about 3 weeks later. I'm still breastfeeding and now am on the fence about weather to tandem nurse or not. I think I'll post a new one on that... Good luck!

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
We conceived while BFing on our first month TTC'ing. But our babe was also 18 months old at the time and was down to only a few nursings a day, he is still nursing at the same rate. I got AF after about 10 months.

Kitty

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
We conceived right before DS turned one - and I had yet to have AF. I had started taking chaste berry/vitax supplements to encourage the return of fertility, but I'm not sure if that "did the trick" or whether my body was just ready on it's own...

By the time I have this baby it'll have been YEARS since I've seen AF!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
We were able to conceive ds#2 while I was bf ds#1. We would love to start TTC again soon, but I have yet to see AF this time. Hope she comes back to visit soon. Or if I could do like you and conceive without her ever coming to visit, that would be even better.

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
I have. Got AF back w/DD at 11 months, DS concieved at 23 months.

Didn't get AF back with DS until 25 months, WILL NOT be concieving :LOL

Quote:
I understand that's it's possible to be fertile with no AF for a month or two.
Actually, once you ovulate you will have a period appx 14 days later. But, you can have several periods (for years even) and never ovulate.
I highly recommend the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" to everyone (man or woman)!!!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Hey Mommyofone! I just noticed that you are due exactly one month before me. YAY!

I got AF back when my ds was 13 months old. I didn't get AF again
I'm still nursing like crazy so it's definately possible to get pregnant while nursing. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi- i am new to the board and am also ttc while nursing. can you tell if you are ovulating? do you get ewcm? i was hoping to "catch the first egg" but it just wasn't coming. my doctor recently gave my progesterone to get my period started again and it did last week. i am really hoping for o in a couple of weeks!! best of luck to you! you can definately catch the first egg from what i'm told! check for ewcm!
nicky-momma to ds aidan- 16 months

1 - 20 of 34 Posts