1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the new Kleen Kanteen 12oz.?

What are your thoughts?
Thinking about it plus the sports cap for my children, but not sure
if whole sports cap idea is safe for 2 year old.

I'm a newbie debating between the KK 12 oz or a Sigg .4l?

Need to order soon.......what's your thoughts!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I have one 12 oz with a sports cap. I like it so much that I ordered three more.

My two year old daughter uses it.

The water tastes great, so my kids drink so much more water than with those gnarly old Gerber cups I used to use (I didn't know any better, which is sad).

That said, the sports cap does make a sort of chirping noise when a person drinks out of it. We all laugh and say that birds live in the Klean Kanteen. Also, when you first get the sports cap it is hard to pull the cap up, but that stiffness is greatly reduced in a few days. It is not insulated, but most coozy type things that fit over 12oz cans of coke will work (we don't use them,but I'm just mentioning it).

I don't know about the Sigg, so I can't compare.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
We have both. We have all.

My favorite is the larger KK, 27oz w/o the sports cap. I have the loop cap & it's super easy. But, for sports; ie. kids are in a hurry or we're in the car, then the sports cap works really well.

THe smaller ones (KK or Sigg) just empty out too quickly.

But, I guess I'd say get 2 sports cap if you're going to give it to a 2 year old--bet they'll gnaw it down after awhile. AND the sippys are coming out soon-ish.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I bought the 12 ouncer for my baby (9 months) and my three yr old. We say there is a hamster wheel inside (b/c of the squeaky thing). They both love them, and I'm so glad I got them each one, b/c they are very possesiv eof their bottles, and if one has one, so must the other. I can't even let my baby see me drinking out of mine or she has to have it.

The only bad is that it's a bit heavy for the babe, she bonks herself in the face, so I only just put a wee bit of water at a timew in it. The other bad is that if it lays down full without the sports cal beiing pushed down it leaks, but we only use ours for water anyway.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
We just got our 12 oz KK for my 2.5 yo. We make the jokes about the bird in the bottle, too. We love it, though. The water tastes great. It does leak out of the sports cap when it's lying on its side. No biggie for us, because we put only water in it.

The sippy top IS available already, but you have to go to the KK website to get it. They supposedly came in last Wednesday. Here's a link:
http://www.kleankanteen.com/2product...cessories.html
Just click on the "sippy spout" to see a picture.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
The other day when my two year old was drinking from the KK and I made the joke about birds living in the KK, she raised her chubby little hand in the stop position and said sternly: "Stop mama, you are hurting my ears with that joke."

·
Registered
172 Posts
We have 12oz KKs for my 2 yo and my 3 yo niece. We like them, and the only drawback is the stiff cap combined with the leakyness mentioned by pps. We'll keep working on loosening the cap and trying to get them to leave the cups upright. Or we'll order the sippy tops--Thanks mbravebird!

I love my 27 oz KK -- the water does taste great!

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
those sippy tops look just like the avent sippy tops

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by moondiapers
those sippy tops look just like the avent sippy tops
Thats who made them.

Though I dont think the tops are out yet.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
We hopefully will be getting some soon.
:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts