Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm sorry if this info is already somewhere but just wondering who here is still pregnant?

My due date isn't until next Sunday, so not too too impatient yet. I'm really tired so resting a lot but thinking I might start some long walks before long. My 2.5 and 5 year old wear me out such a lot though it's hard to balance not over doing it. They've actually been great lately but the potential to exhaust me is always there.

My husband had a fever last night and has a bad cold so really really hoping I don't get that and that he recovers quickly. Labour with a cold must be awful, or maybe you would just forget about it?

Anyone else planning a homebirth? I feel really unprepared this time around! I think I should birth downstairs in case of a transfer but it's all open plan down here and my midwife doesn't want me climbing stairs just after the birth so I would have to sleep down here. Also what to birth on? The pushing stage has been really quick for me both times and I've squatted so definitely want to squat again. Last time it was just DH and me and I squatted on the hard wood floor and just caught her myself which seems dangerous looking back. I don't think I would feel stable squatting on a mattress though.

What will you guys do? Everything I read is for water birth, which is not for me because I need to walk constantly through labour. Am I really only just think about this? Ahh!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm still here, 41 weeks today! Hoping he'll come within the next few days.

I'm doing a water birth so I'm not much help as far as other suggestions.

I think it's a good idea to have a thread going to keep track of who is still waiting!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'm still hanging out. Probably for another couple weeks. I'm due the 24th.

I always birth in my bedroom and labor in there too. I haven't been interested in walking or water in labor. Just rocking and swaying through contractions. I birth on the bed, never have done it squatting get though. That position is always uncomfortable for me.

I did have a cold when I went into labor with my second. It completely went away during labor,but came back after giving birth sometime. I had a wicked cough a few days after birth. Totally gross for pp bleeding...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sending labour vibes your way RachelCap!

I'm expecting to be pregnant for a couple of weeks longer too Emanresu, I went just after 41 weeks with my two, but this time who knows.

PP cough and bleeding sounds bad. Woke up with a sore throat today but I'm determined to keep it under control! Salt water gargles are helping I think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am still here. I am 40 weeks 6 days. I'm pretty frustrated as I get some good contractions going for hours at a time and then they go away. This has been going on for 2 weeks! Sooooo ready to have this baby.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm still here. But not due til toward the end of the month. I think I have a week and half left til my due date.

·
Registered
380 Posts
still here! 40w on sat...just trying to rest up, don't expect much until next week!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
still here! 40w on sat...just trying to rest up, don't expect much until next week!!
So, is your ticker based on a different DD? I noticed it says 40 weeks and 5 days.

I had an LMP due date of June 1 (which I knew was wrong) and an early ultrasound due date of June 6, but have been going by my ovulation which puts me at June 8. Freakin' late no matter what date you use, lol!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have almost the same due date JennyT.

Earthmother777 that sounds really frustrating!! Hope things get going for you soon...

I'm flip flopping between wanting labour to get started and not feeling ready and panicking, which probably means the baby isn't coming just yet. With my other two I was sooo ready for labour by the time it started.

I'm really hoping to go to the beach this Saturday, it takes 1hour 30 to get there. Not sure if it is wise or not but I know it will be a little while before we can go with the new baby in tow, I love the beach!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes, my ticker is wrong! I have no idea how I managed that. Based on ovulation, my edd is june 17 - but midwife added a couple days (June 20) to account for the fact that my cycles are a bit longer. At any rate, I've always gone over, so I fully expect to this time.
I feel the same, anxious to meet the baby - but also panicking! I know the last two times I really just needed to be put out of my misery, I was SO over it. And I don't feel like that at all right now.
We have possession of our house now, and it needs so much work its CRAZY. So Im sure that part of the reason I will go over! We just got home from buying all the stuff for bathroom renos. All that walking in home depot nearly put me into labour.
My DH is also saying he feels 'sickish'. I hope he't not. I think I was sick with DD2, a cold, and it went away when I went into labour.
As for homebirth, my last one was at home, and my first was a planned home birth but elective transfer - after 20 hrs. But both times I willingly got into bed and birthed on my back. So bizarre to me. I had planned a home birth this time, but as you know my placenta issue has me worried so I'm going to labour at home as long as possible and then just deliver at hospital.
I'm meeting a doula tomorrow! I've never had one, but feel I could use it this time with laboring at home. Im just not sure my midwives will be here the whole time and I want someone to be with DH and I, helping out and keeping me focused.

·
Registered
170 Posts
41 and 3 today! This baby is way too comfortable inside me. I did get some mild, "real" contractions last night, so at least I know things are moving in the right direction, and I lost some mucus plug, though I know that really doesn't mean much as far as when he'll come, but encourages me that progress is being made. Talked to the midwife yesterday about plan of care if I do pass 42 weeks. Legally, I'll have to transfer out for a hospital birth, but they referred me to a natural-birth friendly OB and midwife practice at the hospital that are comfortable with a watch & wait approach and avoiding induction if there's no medical indication for it. That eases my fears a bit. I know this little guy will come when he's meant to, but the unknown and the waiting are so hard! I keep looking at the tiny diapers and onesies and I just want to use them already! I'm distracting myself by making baby wipes with some terry cloth I got at the fabric store, and I have enough left over that I think I'll make a cute hooded towel. What are you all doing to distract yourselves these days?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'm not far enough along for distraction techniques yet. 39+1. I do have some time to myself today, so I'm hitting up a few rummage sales and getting a pedicure.

·
Registered
380 Posts
that sounds nice, emanrescu!

rachelcap - I hope you don't go to 42!!

Saw midwife today, baby is slightly OP, and spine tot he left. So im typing on hands and knees!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
that sounds nice, emanrescu!

rachelcap - I hope you don't go to 42!!

Saw midwife today, baby is slightly OP, and spine tot he left. So im typing on hands and knees!
The pedicure was awesome. Best one I've had! She really did an awesome job with my cracked heels, they are almost smooth now. And it lasted an hour, which is definitely longer than usual. We were also talking pressure points, and I told her to go ahead and press on them to get labor going. She said she didn't know any, but recommended me to a reflexology place. I might actually consider it...
@RachelCap - I hope you don't go to 42 weeks either! I have a feeling it will be soon.

·
Registered
380 Posts
sounds divine!
I really don't think this baby will be here by next weekend. DD2 (4) said 'July 1'. HA!
I'm actually ok with that. We got our hpuse last week and there's a lot of work that is getting done. I feel like my body is waiting for the work to be finished before I go into labour. Not that I actually care that much, as we aren't moving in until end of July - but I just have a feeling.
Also, I thought I wanted a doula, and had one lined up to meet today - totally last minute. Shes a trainee - getting her hours still. But then I kind of sat with it and was really feeling like I wan privacy this time around, so I told her that. She was super understanding.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had a good cry about still being pregnant last night. And woke up again with nothing going on. Just feeling like it's never gonna happen, at this point. And we were supposed to move out of our house on June 30, but now we'll be forced to ask for a couple weeks extension, even though our rent is higher than we can really afford on the unemployment we're receiving since DH lost his job a few weeks ago. The timing of everything is sucky, so being late is a lot harder this time than it was with my other kids. :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RachelCap that sounds really tough!! Were your other kids later too? :Hug

Got it in my head that I want to rearrange the entire upstairs of my house, to my dh's dismay. Things are not fitting as I imagined though and it's a bit frustrating. Maybe it's a sign to just leave it as it is!
We're not going to the beach after all, looks like it will be cloudy which means I get to skin and gut the rabbits we raise for meat, not really looking forward to that!! It's another job that really needs to be done before baby gets here though.
On the plus side my kids have really bonded this week, they are getting on soo well and it's making me really happy despite the fatigue. This is really well timed too, I hope it lasts....

·
Registered
380 Posts
aw rachelcap , im so sorry you're still pregnant. It's really hard when you expect it to happen by a certain point. We nearly moved out june 30, but I knew I would be due around then and begged, borrowed, and stole the money to pay for an extra month while we fix the house. I would have had a nervous breakdown. I know its tough financially, but I think taking an extension is the smartest thing at this point. Maybe that's part of the reason baby is hanging on - maybe if it wasn't looming over you it would happen sooner? Who knows. Its certainly a lot of crap to b e thrown at you end of pregnancy, and I've been there. In fact, with both of my previous children DH wasn't working when they were born, and neither was I. He was waiting for Canadian PR Status and our money was dwindling the first time. Second time we had just moved back to Canada and he didn't have anything permanent in place. We were so stressed financially, but everything worked out in the end, and I'm actually really thankfully to have had him home with us.

39+6 today. Feeling really good actually. This house that horrified me a few days ago is actually giving me something to focus on, so that's good. My mom stayed in her apartment last night which gave me some much needed space. I woke up energized and refreshed and got some errands done :) So I suppose I cant complain. I'll probably regret saying this, but I'll very happily go until next weekend. That's what I'm feeling.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We called today to ask for a lease extension for a couple of weeks into July, and sounds like it'll be no problem, which is a relief. Even though it's more than we really want to pay, we will make it work, and that eases another stress in my mind.

Still having a rough time with the unknown, but this kid can't stay in much longer! It's GOT to happen soon. We had a yummy dinner of cheese ravioli with vodka sauce and ice cream cones for dessert and that cheered me up a bit, too. ;) It's just getting hard to believe that one of these days, I won't be pregnant anymore, and I'll have four kids!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts