Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went through 5 years of IF with 1st husband, but that was a blessing in disguise, even though it was suffering at the time.<br><br>
Then it took more than a year to conceive each of our children with my current DH, and they were 3 years apart, and we never used prevention.<br><br>
Now, I am pg after only 3 cycles! (took over 2 years to get AF back postpartum this time) because of the long Lactational Amenorrhea the space between kids is almost exactly the same as the first: 3 years and 2 months.<br><br>
But I guess my carb monitoring and exercise, and eating Stevia helped overcome the PCOS! YAY!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I have PCOS, DH has varicocele & MFI.<br><br>
#1 is his bio-son, my adopted son.<br>
#2 was a post birth control not trying/not avoiding, wasn't charting, not sure how long it took.<br>
#3 we tried for 4 years, insane amounts of clomid, DH had varicocele repair, was just about to try injectibles and DH got sent overseas for back to back deployments for 25.5 months to Korea & Iraq, so I got on BCPs for that time. Got pregnant 2nd cycle.<br>
#4 didn't avoid, AF came back 5m PP, couldn't get pg. After a year of TTC we did the normal workup, the urologist said he was shocked we had any kids with DHs #s, and IUI is our only (slight) chance. The OB put me on 100mg of clomid, even though *I* knew I was Oing, and just when they called to cancel the cycle saying I was not going to O that month, I got a +opk did the IUI and found out 10 days later I was pg.<br><br>
We decided we were done, I was on the pill, DH was going to try to fit in a vasectomy between business trips. I had gastric banding done in August and lost 50 lbs. My insurance decided they would only pay for my BCPs if I mail ordered them, so we were using condoms for one cycle while waiting on my pills in the mail. DH suggests we don't need to use a condom one night because of our infertility history and I reluctantly go with the flow.... 6 days later the nausea starts and I get my BFP on 10dpo. Who knew, *we* could have an oops!?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That proves some things are meant to be! Congrats!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts