Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Humm.... DH just called and told me about this-

Quote:
The world's largest publicly traded oil company said Thursday high oil and natural-gas prices helped its third-quarter profit surge almost 75 percent to $9.92 billion, the largest quarterly profit for a U.S. company ever, and it was the first to ring up more than $100 billion in quarterly sales.
Scamers...

Here is the full STORY

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Quote:
The world's largest publicly traded oil company said Thursday high oil and natural-gas prices helped its third-quarter profit surge almost 75 percent to $9.92 billion, the largest quarterly profit for a U.S. company ever, and it was the first to ring up more than $100 billion in quarterly sales.
I don't believe that it had anything to do with the price of oil. This is America. Everyone knows that the way to get rich is to just work harder. So the people in this company just worked 75 percent harder this quarter than the last quarter.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
AND they'll be getting record subsidies (paid for by our taxes) tied up with a pretty red bow for Christmas from the Republican Congress.

Meanwhile, no more money for freezing poor people. Haven't you heard - this is the age of pork-sional responsibility! Go buy your OWN oil company directorship (or senator, either works).

·
Registered
776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagomom
AND they'll be getting record subsidies (paid for by our taxes) tied up with a pretty red bow for Christmas from the Republican Congress.

Meanwhile, no more money for freezing poor people. Haven't you heard - this is the age of pork-sional responsibility! Go buy your OWN oil company directorship (or senator, either works).
Chic-mom - you know they aren't freezing - they are just lazy - and prolly spending their aid on beer!!

Well, at least the US has some good news to report for the first time in a long time - somebody is doing well there!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unagidon
I don't believe that it had anything to do with the price of oil. This is America. Everyone knows that the way to get rich is to just work harder. So the people in this company just worked 75 percent harder this quarter than the last quarter.
I was gonna think of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.