Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's one of the many prisoners Hezbollah wants in trade for the Israeli soldiers they are currently holding. Btw, Nahariya is in Israel where rockets are being sent as we speak. There are some very evil people involved in this. And yes--ok-- I know there is evil *on both sides*. This didn't start last week. 1979-- before some of you were born.

Just why is Samir Kuntar in an Israeli prison? To sum up the highlight from his dossier:

In 1979, Samir Kuntar led a raid that targeted civilians in Nahariya. His group entered the apartment of a young couple, Danny and Smadar Haran. They took Danny and his 4-year-old daughter, Einat, hostage and retreated to the beach. Trapped there, first, according to witnesses, they killed Danny. The murder of her father would be the last scene Einat would see. For then the raiders killed the little girl - by bashing her head against a rock. Back at their apartment, Danny's wife, Smadar, had escaped execution by hiding in the crawlspace above a bedroom with their other daughter, two-year-old Yael. Afraid the child would reveal their hiding place, she had covered Yael's mouth with her hand. When she took her hand away, the mother realized she had smothered her child to death.

For more google Paul Greenberg's Lines in the Sand.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts

This has always been one of the terror stories that literally sends me to the bathroom wanting to throw up. The utter and abject horror of it is just beyond overwhelming.

The surviving mother was recently interviewed, but I can't find it....let me get back...

Ah, here we go: Article by Smadar Haran

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
IMO I needed to read that. That is the type of suffering I can never imagine and pray no one else will ever go through. Monsters are monsters.... war does not make people like that... they are willing to take the step to become that evil. I forget sometimes that this isn't all death by explosion or firefight, but sometimes just awful humanity at its worst.

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mshollyk

I still cry about over that baby, so many years later.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
There are no words to describe what happened.

I would imagine I'm not the only one that doesn't want to see him freed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts