Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,105 Posts
I'm fond of aplix...but I can't say I love it. Dh loves it! It's easy, and I really
my aplix wool covers from loveybums. I have a bunch of aplix pockets I made, and they are my favorites for fit- like underwear! I'm still partial to snaps for the laundering factor.

· Registered
7,590 Posts
I think aplix totally has it's place. Like when I change the buggle in a public restroom or on the train and he screams bloody murdered to be laid down somewhere unfamiliar like that and continues to scream until I'm finished---side snaps in those kinds of situations would drive me batty, takes way too long. Front aplix is just the fastest thing there is and sometimes that is so important!

· Registered
6,455 Posts
Quote:
I think aplix totally has it's place. Like when I change the buggle in a public restroom or on the train and he screams bloody murdered to be laid down somewhere unfamiliar like that and continues to scream until I'm finished---side snaps in those kinds of situations would drive me batty, takes way too long. Front aplix is just the fastest thing there is and sometimes that is so important!
I was going to type this whole thing out, then decided to be lazy and eat some Godiva and just c&p what Angelica wrote instead :LOL

· Registered
3,755 Posts
I used to avoid it. But I mixed some in for convenience and found it not to be so bad. It gives a custom fit in a way that snaps can't and it's fast. As long as there is a reliable fold back laundry tab then it doesn't give any problems in the wash. So, while I can't say I
it, eh, it's sometimes just the thing I needed.

· Registered
2,666 Posts
I love aplix. Side-aplix only though. I have a couple of front aplix (Happy Hineys) but don't love them. I like how I can get a much better fit with side-aplix. I use to like side-snap but struggling with flaying newborn legs cured me of that with DS#1 and DS#2 isn't much better. Aplix is a breeze to put on.

I love our IvyRose and Mudpuddles. I wish there were more side-aplix diapers out there.

· Registered
752 Posts
I like Aplix. I have mostly snap stuff but I really do enjoy the Aplix. So quick and easy and very adjustable. I never bother to sew laundry tabs on my own dipes (for my own kid) so I do have the 'snake' occasionally but it really doesn't bother me.

· Registered
1,028 Posts
I like Velcro. It is just more adjustable - with snaps things seem to be a little too tight on one setting and a little too lose on the next. And it annoys me to have the snaps uneven - like on the 3rd snap on one side, and on the 2nd snap on the other side, but I have to do that sometimes for fit on certain diapers. I do like snaps for ease of laundering though - trying to remember to fold back all the laundry tabs. I have one velcro diaper that the laundry tabs don't stay stuck down anymore and it sticks to everything. But Velcro is a lot faster to put on. I like Happy Heiny's, Bumkins (except the Bumkins Aplix is almost too sticky - hard to get the velcro open sometimes) and I prefer velcro on covers.

· Registered
12,085 Posts
I love aplix for going out. When I'm heading out of the house, I'm grabbing aplix. It's quick and easy for out on the town. As long as the dipe has fold back laundry tabs there's rarely a diaper snake.

My FAVORITES are PUL Daisy Doodles. They're very easy to get if you get on her waiting list or score a custom slot. Trimmer than Very Baby and much cheaper, too.
They make heading out of the house sooo easy, because you just have to grab an extra soaker (I leave an entire one in the car in case things get messy). So, that's literally, just a purse I take with me with a couple wipes in it!!! How easy is that!?!?

· Registered
1,392 Posts
I prefer front aplix, but I'm also feeling the side snap love. Front snap does NOT work for us-not even elbees
(or should that be
since they're so hard to get :LOL)although I think they were just too low of a rise for our high rise dd.

· Registered
141 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beansmom
I like Velcro. It is just more adjustable - with snaps things seem to be a little too tight on one setting and a little too lose on the next. And it annoys me to have the snaps uneven - like on the 3rd snap on one side, and on the 2nd snap on the other side, but I have to do that sometimes for fit on certain diapers. I do like snaps for ease of laundering though - trying to remember to fold back all the laundry tabs.
ITA with all of this. i dread the day when dd figures out how to rip open the velcro and run free.

· Registered
11,919 Posts
I buy aplix AIOs (oc VBs & oc SDs) for dp, because he prefers velcro because it's fast, more adjustable, and easier to fasten in the dark for night changes. I didn't used to mind it, but now I prefer snaps because I don't like the sound that velcro makes -- it used to startle my newborn -- and somehow lint manages to collect in it even when I use the laundry tabs, and I don't like the way it feels, and it's also an unnatural material. I realize plastic snaps are unnatural, too -- I try to look for metal. All of the fitteds that I use are front snap now. Oh, I also like the fact that it's harder for a toddler to remove a diaper with snaps him/herself.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.