194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'd really LOVE the recipe for these, if you don't mind sharing. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>:)</p>

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
<p>Me!  I LOVE these.  They are not crunchy, but they are not like the usual "chewy" granola bars, either.  More like a very solid and dense healthy cookie.  Kind of.  I store them in the refrigerator, but they freeze quite well, too.  They are sturdy enough to toss into my purse once I put them in a baggy, but I like the protein content; about 7 grams per bar, and quite low in sugar!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2 c. oats</p>
<p>1/2 c. chopped, each of 5 different types of nuts (or a mix so that you get 2.5 cups of nuts/seeds.  I like to use cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, pecans, and sunflower seeds, but I'm sure macadamia nuts, peanuts, walnuts, etc. would be great, too)</p>
<p>1/4 c. whole flax seeds</p>
<p>1 t. cinnamon</p>
<p>1/4 c. oil (I use melted coconut oil)</p>
<p>1/4 c. honey or real maple syrup (if you use syrup and oil, these are vegan)</p>
<p>1/2 c. peanut butter (the real stuff, not Skippy)</p>
<p>2 t. vanilla</p>
<p>1 c. water</p>
<p>1 1/2 - 2 c. whole wheat flour</p>
<p>1 c. chocolate chips or craisins, optional (use Ghiradelli Semi Sweet choc. chips if still want them to be vegan)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Preheat oven to 300.  Mix oats, nuts, seeds, and cinnamon together.  Spread on a jelly roll pan.  Toast for 20 minutes, stirring occassionally. </p>
<p>In a large bowl, combine oil, honey or syrup, peanut butter (it helps if you soften it first), vanilla, water, and 11/2 c. flour.  Stir in oat-nut mixture until a very stiff dough forms, adding up to another 1/2 c. flour if needed. </p>
<p>Coat jelly roll pan with oil.  Pat and flatten mixture into pan.  Bake at 300 for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden brown.  Cut into 24 bars but leave in pan.  When completely cool, re cut, and store.</p>

·
Registered
547 Posts
<p>OMG, sounds amazing!</p>

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
<p>Thank you so much for posting this, I'm printing this now and whipping some up. Yum!</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts