Mothering Forum banner

Who sets the emotional tone of your house MOST of the time?

• The Woman

Votes: 37 30.8%
  • The Man

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • It volleys back and forth equally

Votes: 60 50.0%
  • We are not affected by each other's moods

Votes: 3 2.5%
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ledzepplon View Post
I totally set the tone. My dh is very easygoing and mellow, and I tend toward moodiness. So if I'm happy, we're both happy. But if I'm upset . . . it's another story. (Dh deserves a medal for putting up with me sometimes.)
Exactly the same here, only reverse rolls!

· Registered
25,568 Posts
We both set the tone. We're both a little moody and prone to getting down and/or grumpy sometimes. We also pick up on one another's state of mind, and it all goes downhill from there. As soon as one of us starts to go downhill, it falls apart a bit for a while.

In my childhood and my first marriage, the man tended to set the tone - but that was because my dad's an alcoholic, and my ex was an emotionally abusive drug addict. With people like that around, everyone else tends to wind up reacting to them all the time.

· Registered
4,494 Posts
goes back and forth- we're both pretty laid-back most of the time but when dp gets in a bad mood (usually due to stress from work) it rubs off on me and vice-versa. He tends to disconnect and ignore me when he's cranky and I tend to pick fights.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.