Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been keeping my pins in a good old trusty bar of ivory soap. Works great. However...it is not economically feasible as I am going through several bars of soap, and the bars I pin are not usable afterwards cause they get all broken up with the holes. So, I was on a site looking at pins, and it suggested sticking them in beeswax. What a great idea I thought! Afterall....when the beeswax gets filled with holes and breaks up, you can just re-melt. So, I ordered some. It came here yesterday. Ahhh...the sweet smell of honey.
Well, like this is gonna work. First off, it is really really hard to get a pin in there let alone out. Second, there is alot of residue left on the pin, which makes it even harder to get in the fabric!!!! So, I have a lb. of beeswax now.
So, to salvage this wax, and to come up with a re-meltable safe place for my pins, I was thinking about getting some melt and pour soap-I am assuming I can combine the melt and pour and beeswax and keep re-melting, but I know nada about soap making.

Anyhow, what does everyone keep their pins in? TIA

·
Registered
771 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmm............I just put mine in my pocket LOL-hadn't thought of putting them in something else haha

note to self: try putting pins in bar of soap

For OP: I bet that regular old canning wax would work good-it is softer than beeswax
not like that info helps or anything
Shan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.