Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've had a bunch of September babies. (My mw, who is on mdc, was in a July ddc several years ago and the FIRST baby was born July 14!) So, who will be the first October mom in October???

(Please say me. Please.
)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Sorry Yuma.....but it will be ME! I am going to work in an hour and I soooooo hope that 12 hours of work will coax this little one into the world!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would love it to be either you OR me

I am sooooo tired of the constant (5 - 20 min apart) contractions and swollen feet and back ache (from the contractions and babys position) and so on and so on and so on

also tired of the constant "how are you" phone calls and drop in visits - ugh ugh ugh

·
Registered
219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbjmom1029 View Post
also tired of the constant "how are you" phone calls and drop in visits - ugh ugh ugh
OMG YES!!! I appreciate that people are well-meaning, but as if I'm not frustrated enough, the constant phone calls make me even more frustrated. I have pretty much stopped answering my phone.
:

·
Registered
831 Posts
oh please me?????

My brother's girlfriend was here for most of the day and I swear if she asked me one more time if I was about to go into labour I was going to burst into tears!

Plus if I go into labour, DP can start his time off work and I reaaaaaallly miss him! (he works in a different city than where we're having this baby)

am I making a case here? universe?

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
OK, but how many of y'all are actually "due" tomorrow - 40 weeks? I am, so I think *I* should be the one to deliver tomorrow.

But there's basically no action goin' on, despite all my efforts. Even got DH to DTD last night...first time in weeks
: Maybe we'll try again tonight. I hope so...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I wonder if sex would put me into labor.

My OB said my cervix is so ripe that it is not even funny. He is more worried about me making to the birth center than anything else right now, once contraction start.

I have had them for several hours today (some really strong BH ones).

At my last apt, I was 1-2 cm, but didn't tell me how effaced...just said my cervix was very ripe and pliable and once real contractions start it is probalby going to be over with fast.

So, I wonder if I am that close, if I have sex, if it will throw me into full blown labor.

Melissa S.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Good Luck to you all! It won't be me, I am pretty sure. I have been having contractions that are fierce and they can be pretty regular too. Just when I start thinking "this may be it," they go away. I still have a while until my EDD by US (2 weeks and one day), and about 3 weeks to the due date I get with MY numbers. I actually feel patient right this moment. Tomorrow may be a different story though!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah, i'm guessing it won't be me - still about a week and a half or so off, i'm supposing. However, my MIL is coming tomorrow - THANK GOD - because i am at the point that all i want to do is sit and wait for this bulge to descend, no patience for dealing with house/kids...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kleines View Post
Good Luck to you all! It won't be me, I am pretty sure. I have been having contractions that are fierce and they can be pretty regular too. Just when I start thinking "this may be it," they go away. I still have a while until my EDD by US (2 weeks and one day), and about 3 weeks to the due date I get with MY numbers. I actually feel patient right this moment. Tomorrow may be a different story though!
Uh, Bonnie, stop thinking, "this may be it." Seems to jinx you!

I am pretty sure I won't be first. My energy healer claims Ellen is super eager to be born, but she has firm orders to stay put until 10/2 - 37 weeks and legal for homebirth in WA - and, really, as of today, it doesn't feel like my uterus is doing much, which is fine. I have a ton of cooking still to do too!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.