Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I don't know about you guys but my appetite had simmered down a bit.  Then I hit the 29 week mark and all of a sudden I can inhale food.  I literally can eat and an hour later feel like I am starving!  It's going to be ugly next Thursday.  Bring on the holiday food!</p>

·
Registered
706 Posts
<p>I've got a terrible case of the hungries, too!  At least if it isn't something that inexplicably grosses me out.  *haha*  I could chew the hind end off a moose...  I'm just sad to say I don't have the room to do so!!  I find myself full to the point of pain after eating much smaller than usual portions, and I'm still really hungry.  I'm having to snack more often.  I guess it's probably a good thing, having the physical obstruction...  Late term pregnancy is like temporary gastric bypass, I guess.  Less chance of me eating way more than I need to.  :)</p>

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
<p>I am suddenly starving too, BUT I have to room for it.  I think the babe finally moved off my stomach and into my bladder because it seems I am eating & peeing about the same amount of time.</p>

·
Registered
950 Posts
<p>Yeah I definitely stopped for two chicken legs and a biscuit on the drive home today.  It's ok ... I've only gained 40 lbs.  Oh, wait ...</p>

·
Registered
681 Posts
<p>I was thinking about how this time I'll be pregnant for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  All big food holidays.  However, I'll probably end up eating less than normal (particularly at thanksgiving and christmas) because my belly's getting big, I'm getting full faster.  I kinda wish they'd keep the thanksgiving and christmas buffets out all night long so that I can continue eating the yummy food rather than snacking on snacks after dinner.  I seem to want to eat a little all the time. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>It was probably worse last time I was pregnant because I had my baby in November, before thanksgiving.  So I had no belly getting in the way of me gorging myself over the holidays.  (I also felt like I could eat a horse since I was nursing at the time too.)  It definitely put a slow down on the postpartum weight loss last time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But no worries this year.  There's not as much guilt putting weight on over the holidays when you are pregnant :) </p>

·
Registered
999 Posts
<p>since i got sick recently i haven't had a great appetite.. but before that? woe to anyone who got between me and a large slab of roast beef! :) weird too that i've had "morning sickness" (actually, mostly in the evening) but it gets better when i eat. it was totally like this for first trimester, i gained a bunch of weight.. lost it later.. now i'm wondering if i'll bounce back and end up as big as a house in the end.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts