Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We moved to Las Vegas at the end of January. Two weeks after we moved here we all got sick. When those colds were done we had about a 5 day respite and got hit with another round of colds. Then hubby started getting strep throat and strange fevers and headaches, and basically since January we have been sick non-stop (except for a few days off for good behavior I guess).

It's getting to be sort of a joke around here that we spend as much time well these days as we used to spend sick! My husband's situation is especially strange since he used to get maybe two colds a year and so far he's had 9 in 5 months. And they are violent illnesses too.

What should we do? What is happening to us?

We had the house tested for toxic mold and they did find trace amounts. They cleaned our air ducts. But we're still getting sick.

Help... what would you do? What could be causing this?

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
Is there some type of pollen there you aren't used to? I suppose that wouldn't account for the fevers.

How about the water? Maybe something toxic is stressing your systems.

When I moved here, the tree pollen being different made me so ill. I hope you all feel better

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
No advice (though I was thinkin the pollen thing too) - just offering

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You know I had friends move their last year and they had the same problem. I would suggest all taking a good acidophilus supplement and some astralagus to boost your immune systems. (and other immune boosting stuff)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts