Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this and thought it might spply to some of you.<br><br>
Recall -- Firm Press Release<br><br><br>
FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company. This listserv covers mainly Class I (life-threatening) recalls. A complete listing of recalls can be found in the FDA Enforcement Report at: <a href="http://www.fda.gov/opacom/Enforce.html" target="_blank">http://www.fda.gov/opacom/Enforce.html</a><br><br><br><br>
Whole Foods Market Issues Nationwide Recall of 365 Organic Everyday Value Sesame Tahini<br>
Kate Lowery<br>
(512) 542-0390<br><br>
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- Austin, TX -- May 22, 2007 - Whole Foods Market is voluntarily recalling 365 Organic Everyday Value Sesame Tahini 16-oz, with a Best By Date of 10/02/07 or earlier because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.<br><br>
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled. Consumption of food contaminated with this bacteria may cause salmonellosis, a foodborne illness. In young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems, salmonellosis may cause serious and sometimes deadly infections. In otherwise healthy people, salmonellosis may cause short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.<br><br>
365 Organic Everyday Value Sesame Tahini was distributed nationally through Whole Foods Market retail stores. The product comes in a 16-oz glass jar with the UPC number 0009948240599. The Best By Date is located on the top of the lid of the jar, any Best By Date of 10/02/07 or earlier is being recalled. No confirmed illnesses have been reported to date.<br><br>
Potential salmonella contamination was brought to the attention of Whole Foods Market by the product's manufacturer. As a result, the company is voluntarily recalling this product as a precautionary measure and has put additional safety measures in place. No other Whole Foods Market Private Label products have been affected by this recall.<br><br>
Consumers who have purchased 365 Organic Everyday Value Sesame Tahini can return it to Whole Foods Market for a full refund. Questions may be directed to the Company by calling (512) 477-5566 x20656 or via email at <a href="mailto:p[email protected]">[email protected]</a>

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
ooh, thanks for the PSA! I have a jar in my pantry, but it looks like my best-by date is after the date they specify.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I have one too, but the best-by date is also after the one they specified.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts