My 6 1/2 month old dd just swallowed a whole segment of clementine. She had been chewing and sucking on it for a while, so it had been emptied out some, if you know what I mean, but still. Do you think that's ok? I'm worried that it might constipate her or get stuck inside or something. It's been a few minutes and she's fine now, but should I call the dr or something? I'm pretty sure I'm just being a paranoid first time mom, but if anyone has had this happen or knows more about it, I'd love to hear it!
She should be fine. When DS was about that age he swallowed a piece of raw kale that was about 1in square. It must have fallen onto the kitchen floor while I was cooking because I didn't even know he had swallowed it. It just arrived in his diaper completely unchanged by his digestive system. No constipation or fussiness at all.