Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 1/2 month old dd just swallowed a whole segment of clementine. She had been chewing and sucking on it for a while, so it had been emptied out some, if you know what I mean, but still. Do you think that's ok? I'm worried that it might constipate her or get stuck inside or something. It's been a few minutes and she's fine now, but should I call the dr or something? I'm pretty sure I'm just being a paranoid first time mom, but if anyone has had this happen or knows more about it, I'd love to hear it!

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Hi! I am going to move your thread to Life With a Babe. You might get more answers there since this forum is about breastfeeding/weaning.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
If she's anything like my youngest DS its gonna go straight through her... No worries!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Don't worry at all! I was nervous at first about solids and did blw, but there's no need to be. Just watch out for choking, which ds never did and he ate whole chunks from the get go.

·
Registered
171 Posts
She should be fine. When DS was about that age he swallowed a piece of raw kale that was about 1in square. It must have fallen onto the kitchen floor while I was cooking because I didn't even know he had swallowed it. It just arrived in his diaper completely unchanged by his digestive system. No constipation or fussiness at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.