Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My toddlers got in to the toddler program at the Cobb School (one of our many local Montessori schools but the one I want them in). There was a wait list and when I spoke to them in the fall the didn't think I would be able to get them in until the 3-year-old program. But room opened up.<br><br>
My poor kids are SO bored at home and I am not great at providing activities. I am so excited to get them into Montessori a few mornings a week. They will have so much fun.<br><br>
Whoot!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congrats! We haven't had any success in getting into private Montessori. Dd is currently 32 on the wait list for the elementary program and ds (only 7 months old right now) is #54 for the pre-primary program for when he turns 3 yo. This is crazy!!! We hope to have better luck getting into a Chater Montessori for next fall...

·
Registered
666 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">We haven't had any success in getting into private Montessori. Dd is currently 32 on the wait list for the elementary program and ds (only 7 months old right now) is #54 for the pre-primary program for when he turns 3 yo. This is crazy!!! We hope to have better luck getting into a Chater Montessori for next fall...</td>
</tr></table></div>
Waiting lists don't always mean that it's impossible to get in. Most of the waiting list people will have found other schools by September. If you really want to get into the school, keep in touch with the director... maybe once a month email or phone her... just let her know you're still interested. Make a point of calling or visiting or emailing several times in the weeks before school starts. Assuming you're both persistent and friendly, you'll be the first one she thinks of when some family inevitably moves at the last minute. I've gotten into several pre-schools in the last minute (when the waiting lists would have me at 100). Also... you only have to get one of your kids in for the other to get in the following year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts