Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I managed to get my bureau swapped with the baby's, weeded through all my clothes, put away 3 laundry baskets of clean clothes, and put some diapers away. I also washed dishes and did the 3 loads of laundry of which I spoke.

Today, on the other hand, I worked 8-3:00, came home, and have done NOTHING. My father and stepmother are coming tomorrow and they will probably barf when they see my house. I need to do something around here. Maybe clean off the coffee table or do some dishes.... aarrghhhh. I don't want to do ANYTHING!

Are you all getting stuff done?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Not me!

Infact I have no energy at all. I still have not gotten shopping done for the week. Dare I mention my kids had icecream this morning for breakfast even? LOL

A friend dragged me out today to go to the post office and hit cost-co. Got no food there though as I just could hardly walk I was so dizzy, just managed pet food and a few things she needed. I still have to go food shopping tomorrow. LOL

I even took this week off of formal homeschooling. I need to rest. Everyone around me is sick it seems and I just can not afford to get sick on top of feeling so drained.

Your not alone. I hope nesting hits again soon!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Slowly, and it stops me from the regular daily housework, I am getting baby things done! Started washing clothes and soon will wash dipes. I think I am going to try to move the cradle into the house by myself or with the kids if hubby doesn't get it done tonight.

I've continually been decluttering and moving small items no longer wanted or needed to the garage for the yard sale pile. Instead of giving things away, my friend and I have been having a few yard sales here and there to give us some extra cash.

Combined over 3-4 yard sales we've made about $600-$700 and split the cash. So it's not a huge amount after splitting, but it's nice to unload and see some cash coming in when it's usually the other way around.

I have been going through some papers and books and trying to stay caught up on all the papers and mail that come in this house. That seems to be a huge job though.

I've started digging thru my kids' closets and reorganizing because since I got pregnant, I haven't been helping with the closets and they're SO bad. I've also started going thru their clothes to see what they still need for fall (a lot!).

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I went to a friends house yesterday so all I got done was folding a load of laundry and picking up random toys.

TODAY however I went insane. I cleaned the 2nd bedroom, organized the closet, sorted through James' clothes and put what doesn't fit in totes and folded and neatly arranged what does fit. I cleaned the bathroom, scrubbed the toilet, sink, floor and organized all the dirty laundry in the hallway.

I also did 4 loads of laundry...just got to fold load #3 and bring up load #4 from the dryer.

Tomorrow I'm going to clean mine and DH's bedroom. It's kind of a catch all for dirty/clean/who knows clothes and God only knows what else. DH and I are also going to go out to my mom's and get Aldrea's dresser

Friday I have to go to my mom's and help her with some of her school work and while I'm there I'm going to wash Aldrea's clothes then when I get home I can put them all away!!

Then this weekend I'm also going to clean the living room, vacuum, pick up toys, bring up Pack & Play and clean that, clean up the 'shoe corner' and organize the corner behind the couch. It's scary.

After that I just have some shopping/organizing to do and I should be mostly done with baby prep. Except for packing my suitcase and stuff.

Not really hitting nesting, just know it needs done and I want to do it NOW so I have time to rest up prior to labor.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Wow, I don't know how you all do it. A typical day for me looks like this:

If I'm at home, I manage to do dishes, prep food for dinner and do a load of laundry while Miriam naps. If I'm at work, none of that gets done. And on Saturdays I grocery shop.

Honestly, anything getting done for the baby is going to have to wait until next week when I have two days off work and I am taking Miriam to her grandparents as I usually would. Then I have two days to wash clothes and dipes and prep stuff for home birth and maybe do some cooking and freezing.

This seems pretty pathetic, but what can you do when DH comes home from work and goes upstairs into his office to hide and DD can only deal with being alone for about 2 minutes, and only about 30 seconds if I am doing something in the kitchen.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm still puttering through my to-do list, but I'm definitely moving from nesting mode to resting mode. And focusing more on sedentary tasks (like reading Active Birth and doing work stuff) than running up and down stairs, moving furniture, and so on.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
: That is me hiding from the To-Do list... I am afraid to even look! While I was trying to get some things done on my official To Do list, more little things are creeping up and my list is growing instead of getting smaller!

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I guess I'm freaking out because since I'm due November 2 an October baby is a distinct posiblity and that SCARES the crap out of me...lol

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
On Sunday I went to Walmart and bought a baby monitor, breast pads, lanolin, and a new digital thermometer. I've still got to buy a few more essentials. I sewed 3 small AIO's this week and hope to get another 5 done (they're prepped already and just need to be sewn) this week. I've got at least 5 loads of laundry clean but not folded. I *might* work on them tomorrow afternoon, but I have a feeling it will be a nap day for me. And my next two mornings are full with playdates. Today we had the world's longest wait at the WIC office! We were there 2 hours and 40 min. From leaving our house until getting back home it was 3 hours 15 min. Ugh. I had no energy after that. And I only got a months worth of coupons, so I'm SOL for the weeks between Nov. 3 and the baby actually being born. They wouldn't give me anymore since the baby could be born by then (true, but she may not come until the end of November.) Oh well. I got 2 months worth for the kids. So, I have to go back in November after baby is born and again at the beginning of December so we can all get on the same schedule. How annoying! I didn't get a lick of housework done today with all the other things I had going on. Oh well, it will all be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I can't get stuff done until the baby's dresser comes into BRU. I need to recieve the rest of my diaper stash before I can wash. I also need to have my shower so I can know what else I have to buy myself.

Oh my! Only 3 1/2 weeks to 37 weeks! I want to be able to relax then and just wait for my baby.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I am having a problem with not having a place to put everything as well because we don't have the baby dresser/shelving yet. So as I am washing things from the garage, I am bringing them inside in bags and baskets and they have to be covered so they don't get dusty and what-not until I have a place to put them. Whatta pain!

At least if I have the cradle inside, I can put them back in there for now.

hubby has been coming home about 9pm and leaving at 6am or so every day and weekends he is super busy too. I am getting a bit ticked
:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.