Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

This is only my second time posting, but just want to say I'm very happy I found this board. I have a 9-1/2 month old completely unvaccinated son and am currently pregnant with another boy due 9.30. We could not find a pediatrician who respected our decision to skip all vaccinations and so we stopped doing well baby visits. With this next baby on the way, I would really like to have a doctor for my boys just in case anything happens, plus I'd like to monitor the new baby's growth for a little while. I have seen a few people mention that they take their children to a chiropractor. I was just wanting a little more information on that. Will all chiropractors see children for well visits? What kinds of things do they do for your kids when you visit? What happens if your child comes down with an illness, is a chiropractor pretty aware of childhood illnesses and what to do for them? I appreciate any information...thanks so much!

Jennifer
Baby Andrew 10.03.05
Baby Langston EDD 09.30.06

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
A chiropractor will most likely have some natural supplements / herbs to take if you become ill.

Yes , in my experience , a chiropractor is pretty aware of childhood ailments. As a bonus , chiro's believe in the whole person for health and will listen to you much more intently as you describe a "whiny" child or a child who isn't like themselves...whereas ime a traditional ped will push those off.

So happy to hear your child is unvaxed..and your next one will be too.

I see my chiro on a regular basis so it's documented that I do take my kids to a health professional.

Since first seeing him four years ago , my children haven't been on any antibiotics at all.
We've battled , strep , colds , sinus infections , flu , food poisoning , etc...and the chiro has pulled thru every single time with relevant information , immune builders and helpful herbs.

I also have a chiro who knows when to employ the services of conventional medicine. Like when I'd ignored my ingrown toenail to the point where I couldn't walk. I went to him and he said "You'll need that taken care of my another doctor." So very wise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.....will a chiropractor see newborns? I think we're getting kind of fed up even trying to find a pediatrician. Everytime we see a new one, it's like the battle starts all over again with them questioning our research and probing into our religion, etc.

Jennifer
Baby Andrew 10.03.05
Baby Langston EDD 09.30.06

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, there are chiropractors that specialize in treating kids and pregnant moms. I can't remember the exact term of the certification but if you search the general Mothering site you will find a list. We are expecting our second birth on Aug 20 and a chiro will come to visit as soon as we get home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts