Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't even a fan before the nurse-in! I put the TV and for some stupid reason I put the view on, I guess I am just curious if they are ever going to really apologise. Only the second time since the infamous we will talk about this at length episode (not!)
Anyway the hot topic is kids screaming and being rowdy in public. Elizabeth just shared how every person in the coffee shop gave her a dirty look because baby was crying and her brother was waiting in line to get hot water for the bottle! Hello... Use your God given gift and everyone is happy! I could never let my baby cry for several minutes while knowing I have the Liquid Gold right next to my heart.

The TV is going off for the rest of the weekend.

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
I watched it twice after the breastfeeding debauchle. It was like hitting myself in the head with a hammer because it felt soooooo good when I stopped. Never again.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I refuse to watch that show. Even after the nurse in I have been tempted but I know I will just get all worked up by something that they say.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamapits
I wasn't even a fan before the nurse-in! I put the TV and for some stupid reason I put the view on, I guess I am just curious if they are ever going to really apologise. Only the second time since the infamous we will talk about this at length episode (not!)
Anyway the hot topic is kids screaming and being rowdy in public. Elizabeth just shared how every person in the coffee shop gave her a dirty look because baby was crying and her brother was waiting in line to get hot water for the bottle! Hello... Use your God given gift and everyone is happy! I could never let my baby cry for several minutes while knowing I have the Liquid Gold right next to my heart.

The TV is going off for the rest of the weekend.
I caught that too. I guess her baby is weaned?
:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it was said that she is supplementing, so I don't know if she actually weaned. I hope not.
If she didn't wean, then it all comes back to not being comfortable w/ BFing in public because the public is not comfortable with BFing.

Ughh, I just want to tell her and women like her to just get over it and take care of your baby the best way you possibly can.

She would have gotten less looks if she just fed Baby than she did because Baby was screaming. According to her she felt that every person in there wanted to just ask her to leave.

It baffles mr that she hasn't gotten it yet!!! Then again and I do say this
sadly she probably got MORE mail in support of formula/bottle feeding than she did of mail supporting BFing.

On one hand I wish I did't watch but on the other hand I am thankfull for the reminder to put some of my ideas into action that were inspired by the nurse-in. We still have a long way to go before giving human milk to human babies is accepted and encouraged in many countries.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I was just coming here to post about this. Argh! Maybe if Bitsy wasn't so worried about BFing in public, she could have avoided the baby screaming in public. I can't believe she hasn't connected those dots yet.

Anyone else notice that since she started "supplementing" with formula, that her breasts are now a lot smaller than when she first returned from maternity leave?

I'm sure she'll be one of those moms who will end up weaning soon because she'll say her supply decreased. Jeez, I wonder why???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well gals, I don't think that an apology or a true change of heart is forthcoming. The ladies that participated in the nurse in (s) accomplished a number of tasks: you brought attention to the concept of nursing and NIP, and, you made ABC aware that you think their "educated", "feminist" talk-show hosts verged on the idiotic with some of their comments and behaviors (please note the sarcasm on educated and feminist - -their comments on breastfeeding have been anything but ). Perhaps now, the best thing to do - -especially those who fall in the target viewer range - - might be to stop watching altogether - -and to let their advertisers know why. They are all about ratings- -don't give it to them.. i.e. boycott the silly show.

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoeInfinity
Well gals, I don't think that an apology or a true change of heart is forthcoming. The ladies that participated in the nurse in (s) accomplished a number of tasks: you brought attention to the concept of nursing and NIP, and, you made ABC aware that you think their "educated", "feminist" talk-show hosts verged on the idiotic with some of their comments and behaviors (please note the sarcasm on educated and feminist - -their comments on breastfeeding have been anything but ). Perhaps now, the best thing to do - -especially those who fall in the target viewer range - - might be to stop watching altogether - -and to let their advertisers know why. They are all about ratings- -don't give it to them.. i.e. boycott the silly show.
You may be new, but you are wise, grasshopper.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I was just coming here to post about this. Argh! Maybe if Bitsy wasn't so worried about BFing in public, she could have avoided the baby screaming in public. I can't believe she hasn't connected those dots yet.

Anyone else notice that since she started "supplementing" with formula, that her breasts are now a lot smaller than when she first returned from maternity leave?

I'm sure she'll be one of those moms who will end up weaning soon because she'll say her supply decreased. Jeez, I wonder why???
Are you Jadzia Dax at TWoP? :LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.