Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the third time I've had my period after DS was born (it came back when he was 4 months) and each time, I've been sick for a few days. I have flulike symptoms (very sore throat, dizzy, nauseous, fever, and stuffed up nose) and I get a migraine each time too... Normally it's really rare for me to get sick, and the only other time I've had migraines was a brief flirtation with birth control pills in college. What's going on now? Does this ring a bell with anyone?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I haven't had my period in over a year...pregnant, now nursing...<br>
but I always got the same symptoms about 4 days before each period. It always felt like a bad cold. About 2 days into my period, it went away. I have always wondered the same thing--is it hormonal, maybe?

·
Registered
423 Posts
The dizzy and nausea can definitely be hormone related (I went for a few months not being able to eat much for two weeks!). The other two though... I'm thinking 1) you could have a low-grade infection that your body hasn't been able to get rid of - I always feel more run down and susceptible during that time, so it could be that the virus/bacteria is getting more active/your immune system isn't at it's peak; or 2) AF is a method of detoxing, perhaps things are moving around more?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm... could I really have a low-grade infection that would last all the time? How would I find out if that were the case and what would I do about that? I do take lots of probiotics (have since I was pg).

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you are concerned you could just make an appointment and have some blood tests done to find out what may be going on.<br><br>
I did it just because it was 2 years since i'd been to a doctor and wanted some extra assurance everything was generally working well.<br><br>
I don't have harmonal issues though. Everything was right on time except my delivery date. I was late and had a c-section. Unfortunately no natural delivery. Was back to noramal in days, breast feed but got my regular period back within the following 2 months. Still breastfeeding 2 1/2 years!<br><br>
I'd definitely go seek some hollistic medicine if I had reoccuring issues.<br><br>
Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts