Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my beautiful son one year ago this month. I lost another baby at 5 months gestation back before I had him. My doctor told me to wait three months before I tried again so we did and got pregnant the first month we tried.
So, we decided early on after our son was born that we wanted another one soon. We have been actively trying for 6 months now and nothing. I do think my cycle has changed since I've had my son because I used to have 21 day cycles with normal flow and since I've had him I have 30 day cycles with extremely heavy periods.
I have made a doctor's appt for next week and am going to talk to the doctor about my concerns but I am wondering what you guys thought and wanted to get some input from you guys about this.
All thoughts are welcome, TIA!

· Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by moondiapers View Post
Maybe your body just isn't ready. Are you still nursing?
No, I'm not nursing, I haven't been since he was 4 months old (long story) but I was thinking that maybe my body wasn't ready yet. I was just wondering if maybe there might be some other reason I hadn't thought of yet.

· Registered
716 Posts
I had thyroid problems and that caused me to not be able to get pregnant or to have early losses. Maybe do a full thyroid work up (bloodwork). (((Hugs))) and good luck.

P.S. If you were only having 21 day cycles maybe the fact that you are now having longer cycles is why you are having heavier periods. I noticed the longer the cycle the heavier the period for me.

· Registered
1,489 Posts
A few of your comments sound similar to my experience. My periods were much heavier after DS2. Acupuncture helped my menses to regulate and I even stopoped having such heavy and clotting periods. After DS1, I got hypothyroidism. It's really pretty common especially after pregnancy. I took thyroid hormone, but it wasn't until I added progesterone cream as well that I conceived within the first full cycle of acupuncture, thyroid, and progesterone. (We TTC 8 months altogether.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.