Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been SO tired! I never have much energy. I take lots of vitamins, and try to eat healthy. My DH is wondering if BFing is makeing me so worn out. Also possible culprits could be allergies? Any advice on things I could take or change to get more energy?<br><br>
Thanks!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
How old is your baby? Does he/she wake a lot at night? I get roughly 10 hours of sleep at night, but nights when Kaia wakes up a lot I just don't feel well rested. 10 hours of interrupted sleep is just not the same. Are you taking Domperidone? It interrupts your normal dopamine production and can make you feel tired. I second the thyroid recommendation, many women have thyroid issues after their baby is born.<br>
Me, I try to nap with the baby when I get a chance and on rare occasion will succumb to the caffeine cravings and have a soda, though it usually also makes Kaia wakey. I don't do it in the evenings before bed though.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Are you eating and drinking enough? You need extra calories and extra liquids while breastfeeding.<br><br>
Are you getting any exercise? Even just a walk most days? That can really help boost your energy.<br><br>
Are you trying to get too much done? Definitely try napping with the baby, and cut out nonessential stuff like TV so that you have time to get stuff done and still sleep.<br><br>
I think it would be worth a visit to your doctor for some bloodwork and a physical, though.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
hows your iron intake? is it possible you are annemic ? i agree with the other mommas on napping and drinking fluids and remembering to take it easy on yourself. being a mom to a baby is all encompassing. theres some writing in "you are your childs first teacher" ( i think ) about how the chld is sharing our energy or something to the effect.<br>
Laura

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Are you a new mom? I actually went to the doctor after ds#1 due to fatigue and forgetfulness. He told me it is very normal to be severly fatigued and forgetful with the first child.<br><br>
If your body says rest...REST!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Reassure your DH that weaning will make you MORE tired! Nursing is often the only time moms get to rest!<br><br>
An overall check-up wouldn't be a bad idea. Have yourself checked for thyroid imbalance. Also look at your diet - do you have a yeast imbalance, maybe?<br><br>
HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts