Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ack!! I HATE spotting. It reminds me of my miscarriage.

I'm not due for AF for 4 more days. I always have 34 day cycles always! This morning I had very light spotting. The only other time I've ever spotted was during my miscarriage. I don't spot between cycles. This is way too far into my cycle for implantation bleeding (I've never had that before either).

So what could be going on? Do you think I'm miscarrying?!

Thanks

oh I forgot to add, I'm not spotting anymore but now I have a TON of CM.

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I'm not quite SURE when I O'd but I would say I'm 10-11dpo based on having a 2 week LP. I'm not sure really because I didn't chart at all but I'm going to next month.

Really? I always thought implantation would be sooner....

I'm so scared. I don't care if I'm not pregnant I just don't want to miscarry again. Even though I probably have no way of knowing if that's what I'm doing or not.

· Registered
2,753 Posts
I don't blame you. I have had 2 m/c and a chemical as well

You can definitely have implantation on 10DPO. I can 100% attest to that

I believe 7-10 days is "normal" and while some sources say early implantation is "better," I believe it's possible to have a healthy pregnancy with a later implantation as well.

Good luck to you!

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm so sorry about your losses.

I wonder if it's normal to spot at implantation with some pregnancies but never with others.

If I am pregnant, I'm going to be so afraid of miscarriage I'm going to be a big old mess which likely won't help anything
Maybe I'll get blood tests done? I've heard of people doing that to measure HGC is this why?

Thank you so much for the support.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
You don't happen to chart, do you?

Implant spotting, from what I understand, can happen as late as 12 DPO... but earlier is more common.

Spotting can also occur around ovulation. It can also occur just from the cervix getting bumped after DTD. Don't assume the worst, hon...
But I totally understand how spotting can be stressful, especially when you associate it with such sad memories...

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I don't chart but I am going to start next cycle for sure. I bought TCOYF and a BBT thermometer so I'm ready and raring to go.

I just googled it and I get anything from 4-7 days is normal and then from 5-14. People really don't know anything about this do they!?

I haven't spotted anymore since this morning, and now just have lots of CM.

Oh and no DTD here, DH has been sick for over a week

· Registered
1,387 Posts
That stinks about your DH... I hope he feels better soon.

The fact that the spotting has stopped makes me think it doesn't at all sound like AF or a MC. Since you don't chart, you can't know for sure what day you Oed. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is just implantation spotting and that embryo is digging itself in nice and snug.

If I were you, I'd already be peeing on sticks.
heh. Keep us posted!

· Registered
2,761 Posts
I don't usually spot either, but I did this time on Day 17 and then the next day had EWCM and THEN on day 19 I ovulated (according to my charting software). So is there a chance you're just about to ovulate? Stress/illness can delay ovulation (but doesn't affect your luteal phase). If you do think the spotting was prior to ovulation, they say it can be considered fertile cervical fluid, because it's most likely blood-tinged watery/EWCM. Does that make sense?

· Registered
1,932 Posts
I just checked my chart from my first pregnancy and it looks like I spotted days 13-15 post ovulation. I have not spotted with my other 2 pregnancies. Good luck!!

· Registered
4,656 Posts
With my second pregnancy, I spotted 13 DPO, the same day I had the positive test. In fact, it was more than just spotting, enough that I freaked out that I was going to lose the pregnancy. But then, much like you, my spotting just stopped abruptly. I went on to have a normal pregnancy. If you are at least 10 or 11 DPO, I'd wait maybe 2 days and then test!

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
K I will. I ordered some shirts from http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6325890 to tell DH with because he has said this will be our last baby. She had something wrong with her printer so she cant ship it out until Monday so I'd like to wait until I had the shirts to test.

I really didn't feel pregnant at all this month so I thought I'd have them for next month. We'll see either way, I just don't want to jinx myself!

· Registered
78 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Aimee* View Post
K I will. I ordered some shirts from http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6325890 to tell DH with because he has said this will be our last baby. She had something wrong with her printer so she cant ship it out until Monday so I'd like to wait until I had the shirts to test.

I really didn't feel pregnant at all this month so I thought I'd have them for next month. We'll see either way, I just don't want to jinx myself!
Aimee - those shirts are totally cute. I will have to get one for my dd. I just tested yesterday (for me 14 DPO and CD34) and came back with a BFP (normally AF is due on Wed too - which would be CD38) but my cycles have been so wacky since my first dd that I don't really know when AF is due.

I definately think you are getting implantation spotting. Fertility friend said 8-11 dpo, and isn't that what TCOYF says too? I now also find myself getting all paranoid about a miscarriage! I thought the stressing would end with a BFP, but now realize that it just STARTS with the BFP. I guess with my first, I was a little more carefree about the whole thing, but this time around I read up so much on TTC and miscarriage etc. to the point that I think I have TOO MUCH information. I guess I'm trying to say that it is probably just better to let whatever may be to happen.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh thank you, you're so sweet!

I was so crazy my last pregnancy that I didn't think I'd ever talk DH into letting me conceive again. I went to the ER like 4 times I think, because I thought the baby was falling out
I was okay with a miscarriage when I couldn't do anything about it, but was so scared I'd lose the baby because I wasn't paying attention to my body or something. I would sit up at night crying because I was SURE I was losing him. I ended up getting so worked up I went into labor a few times. I went on lexapro and it helped a lot.

I think my constant stress is what added to DS's HORRIBLE high neediness. He is a very short tempered baby, and that's putting it lightly
So please! don't stress! Like I'm one to talk

I am telling myself to be calm now, if I am pregnant I can't start all this now!! Dh will be so mad!!
So I'm just going to try and take it easy.

I'm having a ton of CM now. I want to test on Wed, which is when AF should come. I've also been really sick and dizzy all night. I've had horrible diarrhea, which is strange. Ick!

Thank you for the kind words

· Registered
78 Posts
Aimee -

I doubt your child's temperment is due to any prenatal stress you had. When I was pg with #1, I worked in a very very high stres job - working long hours and weekends, not to mention getting yelled at by a bunch of egomaniacal finance dudes with unrealistic expectations - and my dear little baby girl (20 months) is super even tempered. Not exactly laid back, but not high maintenance either (ofcourse, like any toddler, she has her moments!). Your son is probably the way he is because it was meant to be, not because of anything you did. Plus if it's any consolation, my mother told me that my brother was off the charts needy as a baby, and now he is totally normal, succesful, independent and a great guy.

So yes, I'm trying not to stress. It doesn't help that I am waking up super early (like 5.00 or 5.30) every morning for the past few days for some inexplicable reason! So, we should both keep telling ourselves that what will be, will be. And on that note, off I go to take a nap!

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted on Wednesday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.