Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm an admitted POAS addict and continue to take OPKs even after they are +ve until they come up -ve again. So I got my first +ve 3 days ago. Very obvious test line darker than control. DH and I DTD. Then I got another +ve yesterday which is pretty normal for me to get 2 days in a row (it was the same color so I figured LH going down). I had a temp dip yesterday and a significant temp ride this morning which makes me think I O'd yesterday. But today I'm still getting +ve OPKs (they are the same color as control). Why would that be? I'm concerned now that we didn't DTD on the right day. Can you still have a LH surge even after ovulation? Opinions please!!

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by klocke View Post
So I'm an admitted POAS addict and continue to take OPKs even after they are +ve until they come up -ve again. So I got my first +ve 3 days ago. Very obvious test line darker than control. DH and I DTD. Then I got another +ve yesterday which is pretty normal for me to get 2 days in a row (it was the same color so I figured LH going down). I had a temp dip yesterday and a significant temp ride this morning which makes me think I O'd yesterday. But today I'm still getting +ve OPKs (they are the same color as control). Why would that be? I'm concerned now that we didn't DTD on the right day. Can you still have a LH surge even after ovulation? Opinions please!!
It takes a little while for the LH surge to leave your body, so often women get positives after they actually ovulate.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I don't temp but I have a similar question. I've been getting postitive OPK's since CD 12 (I'm on CD 15 now) and this morning I noticed gobs of EWCM. Does that meaning I'm set to O today or that I already did it yesterday? I wasn't able to BD yesterday (but I did the day before, so I'm hoping that counts) but I for sure am going to do it today, but I want to know when I should start counting.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
It could really go either way, you can get pos opk's after you O... you can get EWCM after you O... both will usually go away within a day or two after you O (though, sometimes not, ya know?) I say the one two days ago is good if it was yesterday, doing it today is good if its today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Most times, I would get a + for less than 24 hours, and some times the test would only be + for about 4-5 hours. I did however have 2-3 cycles where the test would be + for 2-3 days. It could mean that you were still having a surge while the egg was being release and it could mean that your going to O a few hours or a day or 2 later than normal. Keep DTD and you'll be fine mama! I don't see how it could be a bad thing tho...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.