Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So all my fat pants are in the wash so I put on some maternity jeans to go out. I remembered what irritated me so much about them last time. They are sooo long!

I'm wearing shoes with quite a heel and they still touch the ground. I guess I will have to hem all of them. ugh

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 5'4" and they seem super long. Even when I wear my docs that have 2" heels they drag the ground.

·
Registered
719 Posts
AMEN, westernskies, I'm 5'11" also and having a heck of a time finding pants that fit! Pretty much wearing non-maternity knit pants that fit under my rapidly expanding belly, and wearing them lower than normal makes them long enough for me, too.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I guess it depends on your height, LOL. I'm 5'3" always have to hem my pants (maternity or otherwise). I do hate the fact that all my maternity pants have such a long rise. They literally go up to my armpits until my belly is huge, LOL.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I am 5'2" and they are all too long for me too. It sucks. Old Navy and Gap make pants for tall people, but nothing with less than a 31" inseam, and I need the "short" pants which are usually 29" or shorter.

It's annoying.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
I'm 5'1" and I have to get all my mat. pants hemmed :LOL They are all SUPER long on me, all brands.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
kater,

Try babystyle.com, mimimaternity.com, or japaneseweekend.com OR try ebay searches for those brands. You can either buy the "short" sizes which should fit you or the capri's which work well or try the jeans with the large cuffs--they all work well for me and I'm like 5'1"!

I've found that gap, old navy, target, etc. are all too big in general for me. Either I shop in the girls section
or I go to the boutique, higher-end shops which seem to make the clothes a bit smaller.

Another thing I do is if I find something that fits well I'll buy two of them in different colors. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I'm 5'7" and have both problems!! Motherhood too short, Target too long, Sears too short, etc.

Of course, now at 40 weeks, only a few things will stay up on my belly, and nobody makes full panel anything anymore.

Not the most fashionable store, but if you order JCPenney maternity online, you can get it in short, regular, or tall. Of course, they were also one of the few places I found that had full panel too, which I've had to wear from 32 weeks on.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa2976
Of course, now at 40 weeks, only a few things will stay up on my belly, and nobody makes full panel anything anymore.
Why is that? And who could possibly want low rider maternity pants?!?! The other day, I was sitting on the floor tinkering with our stereo and DH asked me if any part of my butt was actually inside my pants! (it wasn't...)

I also HATE the pants that zip and button like "normal" pants. We all know they have elasticized waists, so why pretend? The button just ends up sticking out a bit and shows through your clothes. I wish I had more panel pants....

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I'm just shy of 5'8" and have some pants that are too short. BUT, my bigger problem is the arms! I feel like I must be a knuckle-dragging monkey woman compare to others because most of my shirts have sleeves that are too short. I have some trouble with non-maternity tops but nothing like with maternity. :LOL

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Hehehe yes, low rider indeed. I didn't even wear those before pg! It was so much fun at work to have to hike my pants up in front of my class or look like one of the kids who wears his pants at his knees. The girl at the *evil* motherhood store actually told me they were phasing out full panel pants because nobody liked them, and the under belly ones sold better. Of course they do, silly, at $40 a pair, they ARE comfortable as long as you can pull them up over your belly, and nobody wants to pay another $40 for full panel at the end!!!

Shirts: I'll agree on that one - I don't have monkey arms either, but most of the long sleeve shirts were nearly 3/4 length on me, and the 2 3/4 length ones I have were elbow cuffs. Aaah!

My new favorite thing to wear - I found pjs that are waffle weave pants, and in XL they come over my belly, and at this point, since I'm not working, they look about as close to a sweatsuit as I'm willing to wear in public.

Lisa

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cholderby
And who could possibly want low rider maternity pants?!?!
May be I'll appreciate those "over the belly" pants later, but I have just tried some on yesterday (I am 19 weeks) and it was soooooooooooo uncomfortable. Not to mention the fact that I am 5'1" and the panel is reaching up to my bra. Even in the back they are sitting way above my waist. yuk!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I keep walking around feeling like I must look like I stepped out of a Hanna Andersson catalog - you know, all those cropped pants! I'm 5'8", and I don't have to wear tall sizes in non-maternity, but for whatever reason, my maternity pants are all 'almost' too short. The only exception is a pair of overalls I got at Target. But not the jeans I have from Target.

And I for one love the low-rise, no panel options. I've always always hated things over my belly, and I was sooo uncomfortable last pregnancy that I wore dresses (if you knew me, you'd realise how big of a deal that is...). I don't see why they can't offer *both* options, though.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cholderby
And who could possibly want low rider maternity pants?!?! The other day, I was sitting on the floor tinkering with our stereo and DH asked me if any part of my butt was actually inside my pants! (it wasn't...)
:LOL

OK, last time I was pregnant my MIL bought me a ton of maternity clothes. (Thanks, MIL!) They were ALL full panel. They come up to my rib cage. So, this time around I thought I'd be all hip and buy some mid-belly and under-the-belly pants. They WILL NOT STAY UP.
I am 15 weeks and definitely showing but not huge, and they constantly slip down until the crotch is somewhere around mid-thigh. I think they are going to actually fit me for maybe a month somewhere around mid-pregnancy and that's it.

I am actually wearing my giant, full-panel grandma pants. (Yes I know grandma maternity pants are an oxymoron.) They are SO COMFORTABLE. Apparently I *like* wearing my pants pulled up to my bra, who knew?

They should in fact just build the bra right in, so it's like overalls but you wear them *under* your shirt.
Hey, maybe I'm onto something here...

:LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.