Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Is that a new thing for you? Does it feel as though the itch is 'inside'?

Just wondering - my boobs itch a lot when I am getting engorged, and when I actually let down. Something to do with the milk lines, I think.....

I'm sure someone has a better answer than mine though...

·
Registered
473 Posts
My boobs did not have any sensation when I started breastfeeding (meaning for the first couple of weeks no real let-down effect, besides the boobs being big as canteloupes
). Then, they started feeling like ants running inside my boobs (or other description would be itching). This went from the armpit all around the boob, not the nipples though. I just thought that was a normal progression of breastfeeding. Now, DS is 14 months, my boobs don't have much of a life (no itching, no canteloupes unless son forgets to nurse for several hours).

Hope this helps. But if it is bothering you much, see a doctor... Good luck!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I had this problem too. I never did figure out why, but it went away after about 10 months or so. For me, it was only my right boob and it was super itchy on the underside. Who knows?? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
at least I'm not alone. I was starting to wonder if I was haveing some kind of breast infection or whatever. the itching is so annoying! too bad there isn't really anything we can do about it.

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
I get itching or slight aching premenstrually. Your glands are active and working. Tingling or a little ache or itching could be normal.

If it is a shooting pain inside is is probably thrush.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I had itching for the first few months, just stopped recently. Seemed like it happened when I was slightly engorged or headed in that direction. Also sometimes when my milk let down, I would feel either shooting pains or a vibratory sensation. No yeast/thrush problems, just felt to me like it was skin and cell sensations, everything working so hard and often to produce for my super-sucker!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts