Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been doing the same routine using CHarlie's liquid, top loading machine and for some reason my diapers aren't as clean as they used to be. i prewsh cold with baking soda, regular cycle hot/ cold, extra rinse sometimes add vinegar.<br>
i have been sunning them all, after every wash. it is a hassale.<br>
i switched to smaller loads to see if that was the issue but still very heavy stains.<br>
any suggestions? shoulld i use different detergent. i am happy that they don't smell bad, or good just a neutral smell.<br>
any advice please!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Charlies did not work for me either (it seemed to at first, then stink and stains galore, plus my ds started getting a red penis...) . I have medium-hard well water.<br><br>
I would suggest changing detergent and see if that helps. I am currently loving A&H Essentials (cheap and no enzymes or optical brighteners, but I don't care for the scent).

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
with Charlies you shouldnt have to use baking soda OR vinegar, if they dont smell badly they arent dirty. stains happen, if you want to get the stains out i suggest soaking in some oxygen bleach overnight. make sure its warm water to activate the powder. then sun them after you run them through a full wash/extra rinse<br>
Charlies doesnt get stains out IME, but its still my favorite laundry detergent of all time, because it gets things CLEAN.<br><br>
if the dipes dont stink and arent causing rashes, they are clean, just stained.<br><br>
o2 bleach and sun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts