Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to come up with a succinct title for this question?

Dh and I were talking last night, and he said, "Why do we have to wait a day in between bd'ing? It's not like I'm going to make more sperm, it'll just be more concentrated." He was using this to persuade me to bd even though we did the day before (clever man), but I had actually been wondering the same thing myself.
Why are we supposed to wait? If your body is going to produce x number of sperm, isn't that all it's going to do? So, wouldn't bd'ing every day mean the same number of sperm only simply more spread out? Like instead of 50 million on Monday and 50 million on Wednesday, wouldn't you just end up with 33.3 million on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday? And actually, wouldn't this be better? (more chances of getting the timing right?)
Can someone correct my logic?
Thanks.
Katia

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
As I understand it, there is benefit to giving the sperm more time to mature and have increased numbers. I think there are biological reasons that having more sperm per attempt increases your odds.

Though I have read that if every other day doesn't work, you can revert to trying every day. However, I've also read that with low sperm count, it can be best not bd at all until you reach your peak day, if every other isn't working.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My ob/gyn actually told us that we should only have sex on the day before and the day I ovulate. She said that the less sperm we use throughout the month the better. I think this next cycle we are going to try and go 2 weeks without BDing and then start BDing right before I ovulate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.