Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I like that I can custom the assorbancy especially for long outtings or if needed at night but can be seperated to ensure better washing. I can also use a more breathable cover this way or even not use one.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by girl138 View Post
i like them because they dry fast.
I find that regular pocket diapers dry way faster than pocket fitteds. My regular (not pocket) fitteds are still damp after 70 minutes in the dryer. My pocket diaper inserts are dry after 50 minutes.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Some people like to use only wool covers and a pocket fitted gives them the advantages of pockets (cusomizable absorbancy and quicker drying time) and they can still use their choice of cover.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:
I find that regular pocket diapers dry way faster than pocket fitteds. My regular (not pocket) fitteds are still damp after 70 minutes in the dryer. My pocket diaper inserts are dry after 50 minutes.
which ones do you use? in all honesty, i only really use hempys and swaddlebees hemp pocket fitteds. Those dry as fast as my regular pockets.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

which ones do you use? in all honesty, i only really use hempys and swaddlebees hemp pocket fitteds. Those dry as fast as my regular pockets.
Really? My FBs air dry in about 2 hours or dryer dry in about 15 minutes, but my happy hempy and swaddlebee dipes dryer dry in 90 minutes or so. The microfiber inserts and hemp doublers dry in a regular cycle, about 50 minutes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like them at night on my toddler. I can stuff them full and use wool over them. I just don't trust waterproof pockets for nighttime because they can leak too easily (ds holds it in until morning and floods). And they dry very quickly.

I don't use them at night on my baby because he sleeps on his side, and there isn't enough fabric on the sides to absorb the pee quickly enough.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I would say to be able to use natural fibers. I don't use pockets at all, but I have tried pocket fitteds. I wouldn't use reg pockets because of the outer material, and the fleece/sc inner.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:

i like them because they dry fast.
Yes, this. I don't have to worry about doing laundry as often when drying time isn't a big issue. When they're separate (cover and inserts), they dry faster.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good pocket fitted? I have a Swaddlebees OV pocket fitted and it's so soft and nice but unfortunately T&T dipes don't work well on my son at all....I need something surged so I have that extra leg frill.....but I don't know of any other pocket fitteds other than the SB's. And do you stuff them with the same type of inserts you would use with a regular pocket dipe? I'm not a huge fan of pocket dipes because I like using wool for a more breathable option.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Lots of reasons:

-you can stuff them carelessly and they still work

-you can customise absorbency

-they are the ultimate in low bulk flexibility: I normally use them as is (and so they don't need to be stuffed after washing), but if I'm going out or it's first thing in the morning I can quickly and messily slip a microfibre towel or bamboo booster in.

- quick drying!

- trim! If you don't NEED it to last 5 hours, why have five hours worth of absorbency?

- easy to wash poo off. No separate booster to be rinsed.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I like that fitteds can be 100% cotton and you can easily use them coverless, and I like that pockets are easy to wash and quick to dry, especially with flats as inserts. Pocket fitteds are the best of both worlds!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.