Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured that with father's day tomorrow, this would be a good times to give our dh/dp's some love for being a father...

I'll start by saying that dh is always very eager to be w/ dd, even before I gave birth to her. He wanted to be pregnant, he wanted to breastfeed, now...he wants to stay home w/ her. He is so patient w/ dd. There are so many other reasons why dh is an amazing father, but I won't bore you mamas.

Let's give our men some love

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
My dh is so patiant. It amazes me (hot head). He adores his son and has NEVER said one negative thing to or about him (and MAN oh MAN this a high needs baby... I said some pretty crappy postpartum things to him myself!!).

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
my dh works his butt off and still does at least 50% of the childcare when he is home. he takes ds to the park on almost all of his days off to give me some alone time, and he sometimes brings me home chocolate tortes from his work, and he buys me my favorite beer and chocolate all the time. i love him!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Well, above all, he's an amazing husband. I just adore this man!

Emma was 2.5 when we got married. Rob is not her bio dad. But you'd never know it. He jumped into daddy-hood with far more enthusiasm and dedication than most birth dads. One super special thing is that he makes a point of including Emma's birth dad (deceased) in her life as much as possible - talking about him, hanging out with his parents, etc.

Rob works hard teaching, volunteers at church, takes classes at college and still has tons of time for our kids. He does well over 50% of the housework. He cooks, cleans, does laundry... all of it. I nurse, occassionally sew, hang out online, eat his cooking...

Right now Rob and John are curled up here on the couch beside me. When my first husband was killed nearly 4 years ago, I never imagined that I'd be this happy again. I know that sounds trite, but it's so true!

I wish I could show him how much I appreciate, love, adore him. He truly rocks my world!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
he's so patient and attentive! he had never heard of AP before he met me, but he reads a lot about it and asks me questions, he's very open to everything. his main concern is that Willow is happy in both the short-term and long-term, so he really cares about making careful parenting decisions. he is the one who plays with Willow physically, all of the fun stuff like flying around like a airplane, being upside-down, lots of tickles and zerberts
he's always just as concerned as i am about her well-being, even when she was still in my belly. we have our problems, as adults, but at least as a parent i can totally trust him because i know he loves his daughter so deeply

·
Registered
14,840 Posts
He's been willing to listen to, and actually embrace my "crazy, alternative hippy" parenting ideas :LOL

He works really hard for his kids.

He likes to take them all sorts of places... even places he'd never go to on his own..just to make them happy.

He listens to them. Really listens.

He drives Dd's friend home

·
Registered
538 Posts
Before we were dating, when we were just good friends, he told me one time that he didn't think he would ever be married or have children. I thought that was such a shame because he was so wonderful to other people's kids. Then life happened, as it does, and he became stepdad to my two girls. He opened his heart to them fully, and treats them with so much love noone would ever guess he's not their bio-dad. He goes to teacher conferences and dental appointments, takes them to the movies, not only tolerates having a houseful of kids (it seems like the whole neighborhood hangs out at our house) but actively enjoys it. He's always patient, never harsh in his discipline.
We knew when we married that we wanted to have a child together. He was so eager for it, and helped me through a sometimes difficult pregnancy with gentle care. In the early days of infancy, he would hold our youngest in her sling pacing the floor for hours. Every little step in her development is exciting to him, and he takes equal responsibility for her care. The smile on his face when we wake up in the morning with our beautiful girl between us is so warm, so loving it melts my heart.
I truly feel like the luckiest woman in the world. Not only is DH a wonderful, proud father, he's a very loving and supportive husband as well. He changed his work schedule to nights so one of us is always home, but even when he's exhausted he remains patient and kind. He always makes sure I know that even though his life has turned out in unexpected ways, he's couldn't be happier.
Heh, I'm making myself cry

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I told dh just this evening that he is the perfect father for girls. He is so gentle and loving, and has loads more patience then I do.

·
Premium Member
17,826 Posts
Dh is such a great daddy in so many ways. He is always involved with our children. He gets up every morning and makes them breakfast and gives ds1 all his supplements and b12 shots. He is much more patient than I am so tends to be the one to help with homeowrk. He wrestles and does stuff with the boys that I don't. He changes diapers and cleans up throwup. He gives me time to myself almost everyday. He treats me the way I want my boys to treat the women in their lives when they are older. He babysits my niece and nephew while watching our boys so me and my sister can go out sometimes. he helps with the cleaning and cooking, and loves to be a dad! Oh I could go on and on, I love dh so very much, and have fallen even more in love with him as a dad!

·
Banned
123 Posts
My dh rocks. He's the kind of dad that always has time for his kids & is always interested in their world. He likes to play, he likes to hang out, he gives gentle guidance when it's needed and he always puts his family first. He's an awsome homework helper, a super diaper changer & the best baby rocker there ever was. And he's my best friend in the world.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
My dh is such a great daddy!

Yesterday he and ds1 were outside, and I went to the window to watch them. They were sitting at a little stone table dh had made, on concrete blocks for chairs, and dh was engaging in a noisy, silly conversation with our 2 year old. It was hilarious. And I could see how ds was soaking up the love and attention. Dh is also really good at calming a fussy baby. Sometimes I'm a little jealous of that.
It's not fair. I have the mommy-milk, and I still sometimes can't get the baby to stop hollering.
:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.