Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know...sometimtes, when ds2 has just woken me up to nurse, and I'm trying unsuccessfully to fall back asleep, I think "why am I doing this?". Lots of babies are fine in cribs...right (okay - not something I'm comfortable with, anyway)? He'd be fine, and I'd get more sleep.

Last night, he'd just nursed and falled asleep, and I was waiting for the magic moment when I'd join him...and, instead, I got a different magic moment. He wiggled around for a second, then stopped...and started to giggle. He was laughing his 16-month-old heart out. I was treated to that incredibly infectious, happy toddler chortle. He kept it up for several seconds, then started again after a couple of minutes. He never did wake up - just kept laughing in his dreams. I don't even know if I can describe how magical that was...my dreaming, laughing little guy snuggled up to me while he enjoyed whatever it was..

I don't know what he was dreaming about, but I feel truly blessed to have shared it. I'm so happy that I was awake to hear that. I just wouldn't have moments like that if he were in another room...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Thats very sweet. I just had a simply AWFUL night cosleeping last night and was sitting here wondering why on earth do I continue to do this and your story both inspired me and made me smile. Thank You for sharing that.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have awful nights every night. My 4 year old is the only co-sleeper and he kicks me awake all night.

Thanks for this little inspiration . . .

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

That is sooo sweet!

I know this is a common "perk," but... I'm a night person, so on weekends, I TRY to sleep in as much as possible. DS always wakes up first and just kind of moves around until I wake up. Then I peer down at him, squinting with one eye, to find him staring up at me. Then he just grins like that's the best thing ever. And he's right, it is.

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, yeah - mornings are just glorious. DD doesn't sleep with us, anymore. So, she comes into our room and climbs in with us. It's a bit crowded when dh is home, but wonderful. When dh isn't home, it's the most perfect start to my day that I can imagine - snuggled in with my little ones, while they play and stuff.

That laugh last night, though - that was just awesome...one of my best co-sleeping moments ever.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
My husband told me about last night when he came to bed, Ivan and I were there asleep. Well, my husband getting into his pajamas must have stirred Ivan to wake a bit. He looked at my husband through sleepy eyes, said "dada" and smiled and closed his eyes to fall back asleep. So sweet. I LOVE having him close to us. He is so dear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts