Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 36 weeks, and I'm done. With my first this time in pregnancy was so exciting, the anticipation of "When will he come?" and "what will labor be like" around playing with the stuff that really never got used after he came kept me busy.

With my second I was so set to be pregnant until 42 weeks. While I was disappointed I hadn't gone into labor by my EDD I still didn't feel this done! I was content to see what unfolded and was patient.

This time I'm over it. I hurt. The round ligament pain is awful. I laid in bed yesterday morning unable to move, barely able to breathe, all because it felt like the ligaments holding my uterus up were on fire. It was everything I could do to not scream out in pain. I don't move well. I have this low hanging belly that makes moving painful and difficult.

This baby feels like a giant ailen that has taken over my body and I want him out. There is no way he's going to come before his EDD, my luck is that this will be my 42 weeker! ahh!

Better yet I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago to figure out position (
for a head down baby!!!) and his head is huge. While it averaged out to my due date, his head was measuring 36 weeks, his thigh was 33 weeks(short legs run in the family). I know all the info about ultrasound measurements being off +/- 2 weeks, except I have big babies, and I have big headed babies my guess is that was more on the accurate side of things.

I'm sick of having this very sensitive stomach. I gag daily, and puke often. I have no energy. I'm so grouchy and boring. I'm needy and clingy. I hate cooking at this point in pregnancy so we eat a lot of pizza, and well that's getting old. I'm tired of not being able to fall asleep before midnight and not being able to sleep past 5:30. And my breasts hurt so bad, I've never had this much pain. The air hurts my nipples.

I'll wrap up the rant there. Feel free to add your own!

· Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I hear ya sister. I have been lucky to sleep fairly well this past week or so, but right now I either have an intestinal thing or my body is emptying out to get ready. I have NO patients left whatsoever, and my poor dc's all hate me right now. I had my home visit last night w/ my birth team and it went well, but they all agreed that I was ready, based on my misery! The problem is I still have another 3 weeks to go and I though I was a little less than that, even a few days makes a huge difference. I have never gone exceptionally early and never late, and when someone says to me "Oh, you look like you are ready to go, you won't make it to your due date" I want to throttle them! And right now, as I type, DS/7 is hanging over my shoulder waiting for the computer, commenting on my typing and everything else in between, ARRRRRG! I want to climb into a cave and hide until this LO decides to make an appearance. (DS wants everone to know that it is
here but he is
.) I'm going back to bed.

· Registered
7,286 Posts
I'm sore and feel like a beached whale. *sigh* Yesterday we went to Moe's and I picked up my DD (who is 26 lbs or so) so she could put her garbage in the garbage, but I needed a hand to help her - so you know how to do that, you sort of lift a knee and put it under the kid's butt to help them stay up? Yeah, that was a BAD plan. I sort of felt the front of my pelvis go "SPROIIIING" and now my SPD is acting up again
Owies. Soooo... that makes sleeping difficult... and makes getting up to do things/help the kids difficult...

Beyond that, my kitty is acting like he's not gonna be around for much longer, and so last night I was crying for like, hours, over my kitty. Now my eyes still sting from it
I don't think I would have been crying so much if I wasn't so darn emotional right now anyway.

Wah. I'm done. I'm not sure if it'll be easier or harder once I have a newborn, but at least I'll be able to GET UP, presumably. *sigh*

· Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm not quite that bad yet, but I'm definitely not enjoying this as much as I did the first time (not that it was all great either). I have more round ligament pain too - I don't even remember having it with my first pregnancy. I can't eat whatever I want because of the GD. I'm "over-filtering" according to my midwife, so I immediately pee out most of anything I drink, and I'm usually thirsty. I don't sleep well. I guess I'm not totally ready to be done, because I have a list of things I'd like to do before the baby gets here...yet I'm also tired and not very good at applying myself to said list. I also don't think I'm going to be any less tired after she gets here. I guess I'm getting sick of pregnancy but also not looking forward to newborn life much.

· Registered
1,965 Posts
Ugh! Me, too! Jenna, we seem to have the same pregnancy going! I am having so much discomfort, and I am also freaking out about my senior doggie -- she will be 13 on Sunday. I announced to the Universe this morning that I just can't take one more thing, so please let me keep my dog for a while.

On top of feeling crummy, I am worried about over$pending. I feel so guilty about my terrible taking care of my kids (we homeschool), and so we go out for lunch b/c it is all I can manage on GOOD days. I yelled at them yesterday.
I felt so so so so so bad. I still feel bad about it.

Big DS: can we do a Valentine craft?
my insanely inappropriately response: No! I can't do anything! I am about to have a baby! Go watch TV in the other room!

I am a *real* award-winning mother lately. I am glad for the weekend. I told DH what I did (above was just a sample) and he is going to give them lots of attention.

· Registered
7,286 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
Ugh! Me, too! Jenna, we seem to have the same pregnancy going! I am having so much discomfort, and I am also freaking out about my senior doggie -- she will be 13 on Sunday. I announced to the Universe this morning that I just can't take one more thing, so please let me keep my dog for a while.

On top of feeling crummy, I am worried about over$pending. I feel so guilty about my terrible taking care of my kids (we homeschool), and so we go out for lunch b/c it is all I can manage on GOOD days. I yelled at them yesterday.

my insanely inappropriately response: No! I can't do anything! I am about to have a baby! Go watch TV in the other room!

I am a *real* award-winning mother lately. I am glad for the weekend. I told DH what I did (above was just a sample) and he is going to give them lots of attention.
Sorry, but your little conversation made me giggle. Mostly because I could see saying the same thing
I've definitely not been the best mom lately, and I'm worried about the possibility of more postpartum depression making it worse after the baby's born. *sigh*

I've also been *terrible* at making decisions lately. We bought a van a week and a half ago. It wasn't exactly what I wanted.... but what I want doesn't appear to exist. Dh kept trying to get me to discuss whether I wanted to go for it or not, and I ended up saying "YES! Just get it. I don't want to think about it anymore. If you think it's good enough, that's good enough for me." Usually, I'm a lot more thoughtful and decisive, but I feel like my brain has been completely sucked out and I'm left with this fuzz instead

· Registered
596 Posts
I too feel done w/this pregnancy and the thought of almost 6 more wks of this is almost too much to bear. I have no patience whatsoever w/my kids and I too feel like they hate me (esp ds/8) right now, and I really don't blame them. TG for dh or they would be completely fending for their own young selves.

For me w/this pg it has literally been one thing after another and I'm so sick of it....first it was 10 solid wks of horrendous m/s, then bleeding from a low lying placenta...so no exercise/sex for wks, then anemia and all the lovely symptoms that go w/that and now a racing heart and almost constant dizziness/lightheadness/fatigue which is still in the process of being diagnosed....at this point I'm worried I'll get put on bedrest, but not too sure that'd be all that bad....I feel like my body is completely falling apart and I'm sooooo ready to have it back (sorry little one, just being real). I want to feel like a safe little cocoon for my baby to grow and thrive in, but I'm just not. I'm almost ready to ask my dr. the unthinkable....how early can we induce??? (I won't, but it's tempting
)

· Registered
304 Posts
I'm with you on the round ligament pain. I don't remember having it at this point last time either. It's awful, knowing that any time I move or roll over or get up I could be stabbed with it. My stomach muscles have separated a lot worse this time too. I don't remember being in pain from it last time, but I feel like everything behind my belly button is ready to burst out and I have tons of new stretch marks around it. The only thing that's worrying me about delivery is my pelvic floor being damaged. Ever since my daughter was born I feel like when I'm going to the bathroom there is pressure there, not so bad as a prolapse, but it feels like something isn't right. I'm afraid of a prolapse or even tearing again, though obviously we'll do what we can to prevent it. I don't know how my grandmothers did this 8 and 9 times! My body feels like a wreck after two!

· Registered
4,890 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by velveeta View Post

Ugh.. homeschooling... I feel like I've been SUCH a slacker there. I mean, at least my older two are just second-grade and kindergarten.. but sheesh... they can't get behind ALREADY!!! Lessons are sporadic, along with subject matter. It's pretty much, "Hey kids, pick a workbook, get a few pages done, show me, and you're done for the day!"

And.. I totally laughed at your "insanely inappropriate response" ... because I've so BTDT. Probably a couple times per day.

I admit, I actually feel amazing. Seriously. Pregnancy is VERY GOOD to my body. People still say I'm glowing. And they're amazed I'm actually just two weeks away from my due date.. because they think I have *months* left. I just carry babies well. And I don't gain weight (maybe five pounds total?)... so I have nothing to lose..

That said... mentally and for the dynamics of our family, I'm ready to get to moving on with our new version of normal. I'm glad I've had nearly nine months to prepare for this baby, but I think that's just about the limit for the five of us. My girls are starting to feel the time crunch (or something?! they've been TERRORS at best), *I* am losing patience second by second.. and.. I'm just ready to meet this baby. I'm ready to be a family of six (holy crap.. I take that back... I'm NOT ready... but soon it will be 'normal'... and I want that sooner rather than later).

I want to feel like I"m moving forward and not just hanging around waiting... anticipating what's to come.

And dangit, I want to know the gender and name of this baby! It's driving me batty being so clueless!! (yes, I realize we *could* have names picked out, but seriously, this baby is keeping things a complete secret and not giving me ANY vibes on ANY name.. or even narrowing down what gender to be thinking of!)...

So yeah... I'm ready.

· Registered
7,286 Posts
You know - I was saying to my mom the other day... being pregnant is like being on hold... for like 9 months. I never feel like I can really be making big decisions because I don't know what's gonna be happening... it's just sort of sitting there waiting for the big day. Probably more so at the end...

· Registered
3,550 Posts
I'm feeling this way, too, and feeling guilty for feeling this way because this is my last pregnancy and I should be enjoying every minute of it, right? WRONG. I have a friend who just had her fourth and she says that her pregnancy misery was God's way of telling her she was done since it wasn't as much fun anymore. That's kinda how I feel.

And the bad mom thing is not exclusive to homeschooling parents, trust me. DS1 keeps wanting to have playdates with his friends who have invited him places and I am totally okay with having friends over but just.not.right.now. When, I don't know. I thought once my client had her baby I'd be okay but now I feel like I could have my baby any minute and I don't know...I just don't know that I could adequately supervise. Then I feel guilty that we're not reciprocating and wonder if DS is going to stop getting invitations...*sigh.*

Baby has settled head down (YAY!) and caused an astronomical amount of sudden swelling in my legs and feet, and my BP has been borderline, which isn't good. I really want to go into spontaneous labor, but part of me is going to be totally okay with a medically indicated induction, too, because I know it would mean I could be done sooner.

· Registered
189 Posts
I actually read bits of this thread aloud to dh, followed by the exclamation, "see?! It's not just me being a whiner, everybody feels this awful." I do feel awful and I really miss the person I really am, who has been missing for the past 7 months. I'm tired and cranky, impatient, and not my usual cheerful optimistic self at all. I'm all emotional - today I cried, pouring down tears, for an HOUR, just because I was so stressed and overwhelmed and having to wait ten extra minutes for my son's pancake to be ready was the last straw!

My back is killing me - dh is rubbing it as I type, at least until his bad wrist makes him stop. I'm dragging around here on crutches (I have spina bifida) and I literally can't stand up longer than a minute or so, can barely walk from the car into a store, and it's frustrating, I feel sooo helpless, not just disabled but...inferior, broken, useless. It's hurting my self esteem.

35 weeks and 2 days. I'm just so tired of hurting all the time. This is like climbing a mountain - it's a major endeavor involving tons of effort and struggle every step of the way, and it hurts, but at least at the end of this 9 month climb I get something better than a nice view to show for it. I want my baby, I'm getting so eager to see her precious little face and get to meet her properly.

· Registered
1,448 Posts
I tried to clean up the house a little this morning but got dizzy...been on the couch ever since. All week long things just pile up. And I just keep craving dr. pepper WITH ICE! Cranky here too, dh told our friends I didn't want to go to the farmer's market this weekend because I'm "pregnant and bitchy". He's right! I don't want to be around anyone. There's only a few people that I can tolerate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.