Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 5 months, 2 weeks before my period, I get a horrible case of the "itchies" in the nether region. There isn't any itching inside, just outside. It's absolutely horrible. Then I get my period, and suddenly its gone until 2 weeks before my next period. What up with this? Anything i can do?

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
It could be yeast. When I have an active yeast infection, it will seem to go away during my period and then comes right back after a week or so.

Could be that the pH of your area is less or more acidic during the PMS time because of a change of hormones.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I think it might be yeast as well. I've been having the same issues for the past 3 or 4 mos. I take garlic tablets, as I read that garlic helps keep yeast away. It seems to do the trick- I didn't want to use OTC yeast med every month- blech.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I have the same problem. It's because of a rapid hormone change. I was getting them every month (especially if I had intercourse around that time). I had a pap come back irregular and had pre-cancerous HPV (human papiloma virus) which is carried by 70% of the human race, so if you have it, don't feel "dirty". People with HPV are more succeptible to yeast infections. I had to have surgery to remove the pre-cancerous growths, and have found that taking Acidophilus twice a day has gotten rid of any yeast infections. If I stop taking it (which I did when I got pregnant in June) the yeast flared up again. MY doc said it's o.k. to take during pregnancy, so I haven't had any problems since I started again. After you take it twice a day for a while, you might be able to wean yourself down to 1x/day.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.