Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only 14 weeks and I have a belly (due Oct. 22). This is my second pregnancy and I've had an ultrasound, so I know there is only one babe in there. The fundus is just peeking above my pubic bone, so what is this belly all about? BTW I started out at a decent weight and in my regular clothes, I never did get my abs back in shape though. I'm going to have to break out the maternity clothes sooner than I thought!

What did/does your belly look like at 14 weeks?

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I'm 16 weeks and have been showing for quite awhile. I seriously pulled out mat clothes at 5 or 6 weeks because I needed jeans that didn't make me cry.

I get big fast and grow steadily from there, but I'm definitely a bit bigger than last time at the same time.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
heh--yah the more kids we have, the more our bodies are accustomed to this

I think by this time, my body was like, "ohh, hcg hormones again? we know the drill..." and out pops the belly.

Thank the gods for yoga pants! I really don't wanna be in maternity clothes already!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
My body does the same thing, I think they all do. This is my 3rd and I remember showing so much sooner with my 2nd, well the way I "showed" with DS#2 looks like a little post-holiday eating bloat compared to the belly I have with this little one.
With my first I didn't show anything until almost halfway into my 5th month and even then it was just a tiny bump. It's so funny to me how our bodies remember how to do this and just start the process each time. I totally love my BellaBand though - I bought it on impulse at Target but I'm so glad that I did! It's made it possible for me to still wear my regular jeans comfortably or to put on maternity pants and not have to spend all day hiking them up. hth, just a thought.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
I really don't wanna be in maternity clothes already!

Really?? I *love* maternity clothes and have been wearing them for weeks! Even my yoga pants were too tight at 6 weeks.
I'm definitely showing more this time, and I am in pretty good shape, even abs. Friends guessed I was pregnant at 11 weeks and I was trying hard to hide it!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by threadbey View Post
Really?? I *love* maternity clothes and have been wearing them for weeks! Even my yoga pants were too tight at 6 weeks.
I'm definitely showing more this time, and I am in pretty good shape, even abs. Friends guessed I was pregnant at 11 weeks and I was trying hard to hide it!
well-l-l, yeah i know what you mean. a few of my maternity clothes are even cuter than my non-mat clothes
:

but this is my 4th pregnancy....sooo....I guess the nostalgia is lacking
I like to be able to look not-like-a-mama when I'm at work or school!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I look VERY pregnant, and I'm only 15 weeks. At church on Sunday I had to go to a meeting, and the first thing announced was that I am PG. Everyone was congratulating me and asking when I am due, etc., and I said, "Thanks, we just started telling people..." So this little old lady, she must be at least 80, said, "Honey, you don't have to tell people." It was so funny!

This is my 3rd, and the baby is measuring a little larger than my dates, but not too far ahead. I've been in Maternity pants for a month, and I definitely look 5 or 6 months pregnant. I'm with those of you who don't like maternity clothes. I try to buy the least "maternity" looking clothes I can find. But my belly is so round that it's the only way I can wear any pants.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
I haven't found any maternity tops that I've liked. It doesn't help that they are selling tank tops and sleeveless shirts when the high temps here are usually in the 50s or if we are lucky the low 60s and the lows are in the 40s. Why don't stores stock what's appropriate for the region?

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
i have been wearing my maternity pants for weeks now. i think about a week after i found out. so since 6 weeks and i am now 15 weeks. lol

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I'm only on baby #2, but I love maternity clothes and am unpacking them today, and moving some non-mat stuff out of my closet to make room.
I'll be 17 weeks on Monday. Some of the bottoms are still a tiny bit too big, but they at least stay up right now, and I'm sure I'll fill them out soon enough, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.