Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for lunch with friends and their 12 month old son. We didn't see them much around the time they gave birth, so never discussed circ, but I assumed they had their son done, since they are just that type of mainstream...

Anyway, they were talking about a recent Pediatrician visit which was horrible. We thought it was because of vaccinations, and then Mom says "No, actually it was because he had a problem with his circumcision. It had grown back again, so the doctor had to tear it back. He was very upset, screaming and stuff, and they had to hold him down. It was horrible."

As soon as she said the "C" word, I just looked down and hugged my daughter tighter. I couldn't even look at them afterwards.

How can you do that to your child?!? That's like letting someone rip your child's fingernail off with no anaesthetic! This is how much Pediatricians have parents brainwashed into thinking they know best. How can you not challenge them on this!? How can the parents not have thought - "Hmm, we had his foreskin cut off, yet it grew back. Clearly it's meant to be like that, so we should leave it".....

I don't know whether to email her something in case more problems arise and the doctor does even more harm, or whether to just leave it and try to remove the thought from my horribly upset mind....

How the hell can we get people to realize the horror of this stuff when as soon as you mention no circ they immediately peg you as some weirdo hippy who [sad stereotype]wants their son to be shunned during his sexual prime by all women[/sad stereotype]?

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
I have given up trying to understand what people are thinking when they allow this kind of thing to happen

To watch a dr do that to a child and not even think anything of it just dosnt register.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If you dont feel like you can speak to her about it in person, mabye you could direct her to this forum, or to some other sites about not retracting,
: so sorry for that little boy and
at the parents

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.