Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend we took DD to an indoor play area and cafe. There was a mama tandem nursing two toddlers. I looked at DH and said "good for her!" I nursed DS and no one seemed to care or even notice. There were a lot of crunchy mamas and papas there, but there was a woman who IMHO looked mainstream and she was staring and smirking. She was with another mainstream mama and they both took turns looking and giggling. I was so mad I wanted to go over there and smack them both in the face. I also wanted to go over to the other nursing mama and thank her for NIP!

Why do other women or anyone for that matter think it's funny to see woemn NIP? I thought they were so rude!

· Registered
3,815 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by heidi_m
Often laughter is just a nervous reaction, regardless of the situation. They were obviously uncomfortable and they apparently couldn't handle themselves any better than that. Ugh.
: It's like when teenage girls laugh and giggle and point. They don't know another more mature way to handle it, so they resort to somewhat childish mannerisms. That stinks! I would have totally said something. Did she notice them pointing and laughing? Bummer for her if she did, I am proud to BF, but it still hurts my feelings when people make a scene.

· Registered
4,873 Posts
We mock that which we do not understand.

I don't know *why* people do this, maybe to shrug off the discomfort so that they don't actually have to think about it? It's sad and immature. So sorry that those women couldn't stop giggling long enough to realize what a great thing it is for that mama to nurse her toddlers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.