Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got two packs of old style snappis (thanks to whoever asked about that!) and noticed that it says on them not to use them for more than 6 mos. I have several I've been using since dd was born, almost 2 years ago. I can't see anything wrong with them. Is there some serious reason to stop using them?

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
My guess is that all of the stretching weakens them out and they could snap. But, that being said, I used the same 6 snappis from the time Brandon was a month old until he potty learned a couple months ago, and they still look brand new. Granted, we had a lot of snappis and didn't use prefolds often, but still.
:

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
yeah I think there may be a small risk that the plastic could wear thin or the plastic teeth could break or come off.
I dunno though cause I've always lost them and bought more before they got to that point.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I have probably 8 snappis that have been in our rotation for 4yrs. They seem perfectly fine to me, but then I almost always pin instead of snappi'ing. I use a snappi maybe once every other week. However, although ours "look" fine I think I'm going to ditch them and buy a few new ones when I start buying my newborn stash for this baby.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I think it depends on how you use them. We tend to stretch real tight here, adn they do wear out after a time. Thus causing them to break, or tear.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leilalu
I think it depends on how you use them. We tend to stretch real tight here, adn they do wear out after a time. Thus causing them to break, or tear.
Okay, maybe this is why my 4yr old ones still look new. I don't stretch them very tight at all, because dd acts like it's uncomfortable to her if I do. In fact she immediately starts picking at the third leg before I can get a cover over it. One of the reasons I usually pin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts